Main Menu

12th June 2012

Started by Jared Katooie, 12 June, 2012, 11:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

Today is my birthday.

It's 29 years ago today that I entered a state of distress and had to be sliced out of my mothers belly.

It's hard to believe so much time has passed. Back when I was young I felt like I had all the time in the world to do the things I wanted to do. My plans were modest, but they felt all the more achievable for that.

But what about all those plans I made?

The website - never constructed, the webcomic - never created, the game - too complicated, being published in 2000AD - never wrote a submission.

For me, it was always tomorrow. I'll start it tomorrow, I'll finish it tomorrow, I'll know what to do tomorrow. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

Except I'm nearly 30 now. Tomorrow will never come. I need to get started now - or I'll never achieve anything. I'm two posts away from Post 5000 and I'm definitely going to make something to commemorate the occasion. And I will do something, I really will. 

But maybe... I'll do it tomorrow. Today's my birthday after all.

Buttonman

I used to be indecisive...but now I'm not so sure. Alan Gordon Partridge

Bolt-01

pauljholden

Happy birthday, if it helps I didn't really take comic drawing seriously 'til I turned 30-and had work published the following year. There's time yet...

Jon

Not old. Not even nearly.

Happy birthday!

Roger Godpleton

Your're going to run out of eggs soon and you'll be barren.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARED.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Legendary Shark

Happy Birthday, Jared. (And the best thing you can do with your life is enjoy it - everything else is just gravy.)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Nap Normal

Falling in love makes you fat.

Trout

Happy birthday, Jared!

Achievements come after little steps. You should pick one thing and have a try.

James

Happy Birthday. Have a cake.

Noisybast

Welcome to your 30's. You get used to the lingering sense of wasted potential after the first five years or so...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Spaceghost

Happy birthday Jared!

I've just turned 41 and due to procrastination I've never managed to sort out doing any of those things you mention either.

Not sure if that will make you feel better or worse...
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

IAMTHESYSTEM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARED. :)

Remember don't do today what you can put off till tomorrow. That's my filosofee and you can tell by mah spelinG wat a sucksess it's bin.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

paddykafka

I was going to wish you a happy birthday but maybe I'll leave it until tomorrow...

Ah, feck it! Happy birthday, Jared!

TordelBack

Happy Birthday Jared!  Old?  I have to-do lists that are older than you.