Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2012, 06:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Just reading the latest issue;  :'(

Proudhuff

Latest issue... no zombies WTF!  :o
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Blimey! An unexpected character death...

... Almost completely wrecked by dragged out uplifting speechifying.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tjm86

I'm hoping the new story arc will address some of the problems of late.  Other than the balls up with the herd it has, as you say, been incredibly mundane.  Not far off Eastenders except not quite as depressing.  Just finished reading the Negan one off.  Have to admit, very little in it surprised me.  Perhaps it was a sensible move to avoid the standard descent story.  It just seemed vaguely unsatisfying.  Hey ho.

SIP

I know it's technically off topic, but does anyone else feel like the TV show is completely dying on its arse lately?

Satanist

Quote from: SIP on 10 November, 2017, 10:25:35 AM
I know it's technically off topic, but does anyone else feel like the TV show is completely dying on its arse lately?

Yes I do. Infinite bullet fights and no-one of consequence ever in danger. The zombie makeup actually looks a lot cheaper and the CGI tiger is not at all convincing.

Although the woman who remembered they are in a zombie apocalypse just in time to have her throat ripped out was fucking hilarious.

TBF though the comic has been pretty shit for a while now and I only buy it out of habit.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

SIP

Yeah, the A a team shoot outs are terrible. Just feel like it's completely lost its way. The surviving in the Apocalypse has given way to some really poor shoot em up action that's boring me to tears. After the first couple of episodes of the last series it's just been one long decline. I'm hoping it'll get back to where it was, but I can't see it. Such a shame as I loved it!

Tiplodocus

I actually enjoyed Season 2 of FEAR THE WALKING DEAD more than last couple of seasons of the parent show. Despite a scenery chewing performance, Negan just doesn't work on-screen for me.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

I keep going back to both the show and the comic like a dog to its sick, but as my little lady Satanist says, its out habit.

Really CBA with the telly show, apart from Daryl and Carol, I really don't care. Michonne is a great character, a total force of nature and should be driving the show but's now reduced to Rick's bidie-in.
And don't get me started of the limitless fuel and ammo in the telly series!!

The comic has really hacked me off with the intro of The Princess and Kirkman's promise she'll be a BIG permanent feature.
FFS she's like an advertiser's identikit Cosplay wetdream!! Young sassy girl, with dyed hair, a fluffy pink coat, steampunk goggles, big boots and a spear... its a tick list of easy to get/dress to get the demographics of cosplayers on board.

Fear TWD finished on all that dream sequence stuff that they use to pad things out, but we all know what they are doing when you see these starting now and hit the FF... but at least in FTWD the blew the feckin dam!

DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

For me it's quite telling that the last few episodes of the TV series are still unwatched on my sky box but I'm quite happily chomping my way through Stargate SG1.  The comic seems to be slightly more than a little lost at the moment.   Will see what the 'New World Order' storyline brings. 

Mattofthespurs

Myself, the missus and my Son love this show but season 8 has been completely underwhelming.
In a story arc that was basically resolved with 8 issues has now dragged on for nearly 2 seasons.
Losing it's way in my opinion.

Satanist

Got the latest issue of this yesterday and it was good. WTF! Seriously, stuff happened that I expect will now change the comic forever. I actually enjoyed it AND there were some zombies.

Goaty

New World Order issue?

And that final scene does make me [spoiler]little crying of joy. [/spoiler]

Satanist

yeah that's the one but more the fact that they now have [spoiler]50 thousand new chums[/spoiler]

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 08 December, 2017, 07:46:31 PM
Michonne is a great character, a total force of nature and should be driving the show but's now reduced to Rick's bidie-in.

I withdraw my previous comment  ;)
DDT did a job on me