Main Menu

Recent posts

General / Re: 2000ad suspected IP infrin...
Last post by Richard S. - Today at 08:19:15 PM
publisher is quite happy that this is an "unofficial" publication

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2024/04/on-buses-look-in-special.html
General / Re: Exposition Death Screams
Last post by Doomlord66 - Today at 08:02:43 PM
Cover to prog 2 had 'aieeeeee its the thing from the hell planet'
Last post by Blue Cactus - Today at 07:33:40 PM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on Today at 03:05:07 PMBest thing shouted whilst being killed in this weeks Battle Action Force from 1986 that I read on my lunchbreak.

You don't really get these exposition death screams in the Prog anymore. Stuff like "The teeth - biting me in two! Aaargh!". Part of me misses how clunky and terrible they are. What's the best / worst you can remember?
The Men in Black - Naaaaaahhh! is ridiculous on many levels.
This frame also has a classic AIEEEEEEE

(Best death in the comic that week is Parsons in HMS Nightshade. It's a classic.)

I'm sure there's some in Flesh, along the lines of 'it's... eating me alive', although I can't remember exactly
Last post by The Legendary Shark - Today at 06:54:24 PM

The most recent one I saw was in the t.v. series, Rome, I forget the episode. Some stuffy Roman numpty, in the act of being run through with a sword says, in a mildly put-out tone, "Sir - I really must protest..." and then dies. Made me groan and laugh at the same time (graugh?). It's not really expositional, though (except in demonstrating the upper-class Roman faith in law and decorum, perhaps), so probably doesn't count here.

Luckily, there's always the old standby, "No! No! Not the teeth!" Or whatever it was.

General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by judgeurko - Today at 06:50:00 PM
Who is Judge Alpha?  :o
General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by broodblik - Today at 06:18:59 PM
From 2000AD's X feed:

Coming Soon: a new Judge is hitting the streets of Mega-City One!

Wait... what the sneck?

Last post by nxylas - Today at 05:43:06 PM
I do remember "Aiieee! Spider!" from the early Judge Dredd story You Bet Your Life.
Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 04:50:21 PM
The Al Ewing Mega Collection book is a really great collection. And he certainly had the tone down. But... he left. I mean, I'm sure he had good reasons, but his body of work is contained, finite and done. So, for me, while I enjoyed those tales, I'd place Niemand in a different space now. Not everything he writes land, but his hit rate for me is really impressive. And I hugely appreciate his seeming interesting and willingness in the smaller stories – not just massive epics or ongoing arcs designed to shake everything up.
Off Topic / Re: This is the News!
Last post by Proudhuff - Today at 04:48:29 PM
Haven't you been reading your Damage Report? Its all explained there.
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 04:44:18 PM
A retro-AIIIEEEEE! from Sinister Dexter in "The Gangbusters":