Main Menu

2000 AD Graphic Novels - Start the New Year with a bang!

Started by 2000AD Online, 26 January, 2005, 05:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Many Fans of 2000 AD have fond memories of stories and characters that passed through its illustrious pages, but fear they have to wait too long for the Graphic novel release.

Well fear not, all of our most popular, innovative and exciting stories are heading to a bookstore near you, continuing every month throughout 2005.

Our recent releases have been an unprecedented success with titles such as 'The Batman/Judge Dredd Files' and 'Judge Dredd - Judgment Day' to 'Devlin Waugh: Swimming in Blood' and 'Nikolai Dante: The Romanov Dynasty'.

But some of the best are yet to come...

This month, our first installments are:

Sinister Dexter: Murder 101
When Downlode's criminal Queenpin Demi Octavo instructs Sinister Dexter to take her kid sister Billi under their wing as their gunshark apprentice, little do they realise the trouble is only just beginning...

Bad Company: Goodbye Krool World
Danny Franks knew that the war against the Krool would be hell. They kill without compassion, taking prisoners for torture and experimentation; their armies are infinite; their weapons are horrifying. But Danny had no idea that the real horrors would be his comrades!

Now Danny Franks is a reluctant member of Bad Company - an elite force of killers who make their enemy look like pacifists. Led by Kano, a secretive victim of the Krool, Bad Company have blazed a trail of carnage wherever they've gone. But with Danny in tow, the Company are headed for places even they couldn't believe...

Keep visiting the website for further announcements!

Link: Tharg's Newsround

Carlsborg Expert.

I hated sinister dexter till MURDER 101 AND AFTER AH WELL, SOME GOOD STUFF.Xs

How wonderful it is to be in Bad Company/always the favourite.Not only did it remind me of charlies war and coulquoun artwork, it had its own soul.

something you dont get enough of.X

Devons Daddy

bad company

outstanding to this day,the first war story i really got in terms of the horror it was trying to convey,worked for me as i am a sci fi fan and it managed to open my eyes slowly.

i re read it after it had orignally ended, and was horrified by dannys slow and gradual dehumanisation which the war had caused him to go through.
it was my version of the charlies war experience related by so many here.
a complete classic,a must own.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Satanist

"Many Fans of 2000 AD have fond memories of stories and characters that passed through its illustrious pages, but fear they have to wait too long for the Graphic novel release."

Wheres Zenith ?

;D
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

IndigoPrime

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Oddboy

Got my Shimura from Comic Showcase in London, but Forbidden Planets should have them.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tweak72

ah right so it did come out in the end cheers odders
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Grant Goggans

I like that new cover for Murder 101 - MUCH better than the one originally announced!  Can't wait to update my page tonight.

Speaking of that, however, ABC Warriors: Meknificent Seven is out today...

--Grant

Link: http://www.2000ad.org/thrillpower/dcabcmekseven.html" target="_blank">The Meknificent Seven

Krustabi

Shimura and Bad Company both come highly recommended by yours truly.

I actually think Shimura improves when you read it as in a collected format.

The Amstor Computer

Nice to see some self-promotion, guys! Also delighted to see that covers are being changed right up to the release date - perhaps there's some hope for better covers on future releases (*cough*Strontium Dog*cough* ;-) )

Anyone who's read my posts on these books knows that I'll moan like a bastard when I think something's being done poorly, but in general Rebellion are doing a great job with these trades and deserve a big round of applause.

Here's looking forward to a Thrill-packed year!

Grant Goggans

DC have confirmed revised shipping dates for three of the next four releases:

Sinister Dexter: Murder 101, now Feb 2 (from 1/26)
Rogue Trooper: Future of War, still Feb 2
Skizz, now Feb 23 (from 2/9)
Devlin Waugh: Red Tide, now Mar 2 (from 2/16).

--Grant

Grant Goggans

Saw the ABC Warriors book today and it's cover's been changed as well.  Rather than the Prog 750 "Khaos Gang" cover, it's Hammerstein from prog 965.

No separate credits page for each story.  They're all on one page in the front.  Goldenrod spine.

--Grant

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=prog&page=profiles&choice=965" target="_blank">Prog 965

Oddboy

No separate credits page for each story

Well the first run of stories for ABCW was really just one story split into chapters, so that makes sense.
Really I better wait until payday before going shopping again. These books are coming out faster then I can read them now!!
Better set your phaser to stun.

VampiraJen

murder 101 was the first sin dex i read, the art was what really nailed it for me.  so naturally i look on this rather fondly