Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Sad at the passing of Pete Postlethwaite, 64, great actor  :( always remember him as great evil Sergeant Hakeswill

Rog69

Bugger, that's really sad, he was always brilliant in anything he was in.

64 is no age, stupid cancer  :'(.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

A truly fantastic actor, he'll be sadly missed.

Colin YNWA

Yeah the passing of Pete Postlethwaite was a complete surprise as I didn't know he was fighting cancer. Real shame one of my favourite actors

Devons Daddy

mr Peter leaves behind a fine body of work.
he was excellent as the priest in Romeo and Juliet. the modern retelling version.he shone in it. 

as many of us hit our early forties, heros and names of our youth hit there 60s and 70s. which is rather sobering.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Daveycandlish

Shocked to read this this morning but it does explain why he looked so thin when I saw him in The Town last year  :(

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Bolt-01

I'm genuinely saddened by this. Postlethwaite was a tremendously watchable actor, and only yesterday I saw him in JUMANJI! I didn't know he was in that till I heard him speak.

A real loss to modern film.

Roger Godpleton

Anne Francis, Leslie Nielsen's squeeze in Forbidden Planet.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dandontdare

Zsa Zsa Gabor's right leg. She's had it removed due to a gangrenous infection, but she's not out of the woods yet.

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Emp

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 January, 2011, 03:10:54 PM
Zsa Zsa Gabor's right leg. She's had it removed due to a gangrenous infection, but she's not out of the woods yet.

Maybe she can take it home and use it to hit cops who have the audacity to stop her!

LARF

Gerry Rafferty

Found this remarkable article on him here: http://news.scotsman.com/opinion/Stuck-in-a-battle-with.4352529.jp

Quite like the poinancy of this quote:
""In fact, most of what I played was an old blues riff," says the sax musician. "If you're asking me: 'Did Gerry hand me a piece of music to play?' then no, he didn't." Ravenscroft's fee was a cheque for £27, which he says bounced anyway and is now framed and hangs on his solicitor's wall. Rafferty has not attempted to make further payment, and Ravenscroft has chosen not to pursue the matter of a song that guarantees Rafferty a yearly income of £80,000. Since the song thrust Rafferty into a spotlight that has made him deeply uncomfortable ever since, maybe Ravenscroft is right to regard the riches of 'Baker Street' as tainted money: "If I had received pots of money, I wouldn't have known what to do," he remarked recently. "It might have destroyed me."

COMMANDO FORCES

Mick Karn of Japan, yesterday evening from cancer!
Heard the back end of a conversation on Radio 2 late last night but could only just now verify it, as nothing on any news channels.

Devons Daddy

:(
not a good week the heros and important people of our youth around  it seems.

the lady from FP! which i read today and felt deserved to be noted here, the actor peter potwhistle(sp)Brain hanrahan before christmas.

all worthy of note upon this board, for sci-fi reference or notable moments for many of us.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Richmond Clements

Just heard this morning on R4 that Anthony Howard had died.