Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

FACT:

Ladies, are you concerned about the state of your crops? Do you wish those pesky cattle would stop trampling your maize with their nasty old hooves?
Well, why not try the Cameroonian approach? The good women of north-western Cameroon have finally called off their highly successful two-month sex strike, in which a quite staggering 6,000 women refused to have sex with their partners until they did something about the destruction of crops by those goddamn stomping cattle.
Which they did, unsurprisingly. It works every time, the fools.

(reported in today's Guardian)

...Dudley

WoD

FACT: I had a great 'fact' for this thread; but then promptly forgot what it was.  Similarly, I can never remember any script idea that I have in bed when I wake the following morning, no matter how simple (or seemingly good) the bloody thing was.

Ahh well.

Wils

FACT: The First man in space *wasn't* Yuri Gagagrin but Archie Bletherstrop, a factory worker from Wolverhampton. Space flight was achieved in 1953 during an accident involving a gas-powered welding torch and a half eaten luncheon meat sandwich.

Wils

FACT: Iggy Pop owns over 32,000 shirts. Sadly, due to an unfortunate incident in 1972, he now cannot bring himself to wear any of them as he has developed shirtophobia.

Wils

FACT: Cheese is asexual and can reproduce with itself if left overnight with a bottle of Blue Nun and a Barry White CD.

Wils

FACT: This is the 800th post.

Do I get a prize?

Oddboy

No, because you blatently cheated.
Better set your phaser to stun.

WoD

Naughty, naughty Wils.....back in your box, no more fish-heads till New Year for you....

Therefore,....
I claim my no-prize for the nearest to, but not over, the 800th posting without 'cheating' (heh! sorry OB, but it's worth a try).

WoD.

Devons Daddy

FACT
bannanas are the most commonly eaten whole fruit (non processed to drinks etc)on the planet.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

stront692

FACT the eiffel tower is roughly 6 inches taller in summer than in winter ???

The Enigmatic Dr X

FACT: The statue of liberty was made my Monsiuer Eiffel. But he DIDN'T make any cakes. (or is that eccles cakes I'm thinking of?)
Lock up your spoons!

Devons Daddy

FACT (true one)
Jammie dodgers the greastest bisciut in the history of creation.
is billed as being filled with raspberry jam
but
the filling is actaully made of PLUMS and assorted chemicals as raspberry fruit does not offer the level of adhesive texture wanted for this wonder of confectionary.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Woolly

FACT: 'Chesney Hawkes' is an anagram of 'He's cheesy wank!'

Dudley

There is something called The Krustabi Process which apparently "turns clips into jelly"

(follow the link, go down to the section marked "Exotic")

Link: http://frak.com/pixxy.html" target="_blank">http://frak.com/pixxy.html

hyper_vyper

If FACT stands for Federation Against Copyright Theft, then what does the GET stand for?