Main Menu

Mega(zin) marathon

Started by Smith, 09 January, 2017, 06:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

With the magic of speed reading and average memory I got to #350.And I could just copy/paste almost everything I said from "Not sure is it me ..." thread.Its all so boring and mediocre.
Anyhow,Im out of things to talk about,nobody really cares what I have to say,so Im not sure if this project is worth continuing.  ::)

Smith

At least the covers are sometimes funny.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Smith on 17 July, 2017, 03:57:53 PM
Anyhow,Im out of things to talk about,nobody really cares what I have to say,so Im not sure if this project is worth continuing.  ::)

To be honest, when every post is a minor variation on "Meh." there's not really a lot to engage with...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Smith

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 July, 2017, 04:15:10 PM
Quote from: Smith on 17 July, 2017, 03:57:53 PM

To be honest, when every post is a minor variation on "Meh." there's not really a lot to engage with...
My point exactly. :(

Dark Jimbo

You've reached the point where I stopped reading the Meg, largely because I too was feeling the same 'meh', so I can't really comment any more! It was always 'okay' but rarely, if ever, essential - sometimes it was only the arrival of the new Megazine that alerted me to the fact I hadn't read the last one! That's when I knew it was probably time to call it a day.
@jamesfeistdraws

Magnetica

The Meg has been merely ok, IMO, for much of its existence.

I think it has always though had something worth reading But right now it is better than ever.

Recently it has had the essential Lawless and before that Insurrection was also essential.

Smith

Okay,here is something I liked-Angelic.Maybe its just me,but in recent times,villain-based stories have been pretty good.

Smith

So the last story of Mean Machine-its a good story on its own,but I feel it diminishes his previous finale(which I believe we discussed). And the implication that he might return from hell is a bit too much on the fanservice side.
Lawless- What can I say?Im not as crazy for it as everyone else.
Good news is,we have Storm Warning,the second part of Brit-Cit Noir. :)
Demon Nic is another I have trouble describing.Another thing that's not really my thing.Grist' artwork is nice as always.

Fungus

Quote from: Smith on 16 July, 2017, 01:37:09 PM
American Reaper,Hondo City Justice,Streets of Dan Francisco,Insurrection 3 and the one where Dredd kisses a guy.Its a fantasy,as it turns out.I remember the attempt to drum up some controversy with this one.

You mean 'Closet'? I'm sure that was in the prog?

Smith

Oh yeah,I got that mixed up.  :-[

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Fungus on 18 July, 2017, 04:35:07 PM
You mean 'Closet'? I'm sure that was in the prog?

Closet was indeed in prog 1817, and that's the one all the nonsense was about - what Smith is referring to is the much more fun Wagner/Willsher Tough Love in Megazine 334, wherein the gloriously silly Rojer Golightly's Dredd crush is put to the test.
@jamesfeistdraws

Fungus

OK - I've  no memory of Rojer Golightly. Fair enough!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Smith

Okay,maybe I was too harsh.Storm Warning is pretty good,Lawless is solid,and Dredd stories also hold up pretty well.Which really left Demon Nic as the weakest part.Not that its that bad or anything.We have a return of Total War,and Maldito was pretty good.
If nothing;you can always count on Rennie's western stories to be worth reading.And often,the strongest part of the Meg.

Magnetica

What did you think of the layouts on Demon Nic? They caused quite a storm on here at the time.