Main Menu

THE 2000AD MESSAGEBOARD ADVENT CALENDAR 2016!!!

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2016, 11:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Lambert

And this one just about wraps up my festive contributions - one more to come from me on the 18th. Hope you enjoyed. Happy Christmas! :)

JayzusB.Christ

A very small offering from me this year I'm afraid, and somewhat in the shadow of the great Mimikeke's entry, but...

Some of you may recall my Christmas window Easter egg comp a few years ago,  where I submitted this as part of the puzzle :

The Dredd wrapping paper was the Easter egg here. Pete Wells in his compo entry said he wanted it. So I've modified it and made it real. Ask and thought shalt receive: It's yours, Pete: send me your current address and I'll send you a few sheets.

For everyone else, I'll raffle two more sets of sheets if you want them. Just Pm me your user name and I'll pick two out on Tuesday, then get the winners' names and addresses.

(Hope it's ok to give Wells special treatment here: This thread is his brainchild AFAIK,  and I'd be gutted not to let him have what he asked for 2 years ago!)

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Albion

With a little help from Mrs Albion here are our individual 2000AD Christmas cakes.
May you all be touched by the hand of Grud and feel the love of Jovus at this glorious time of year.
Merry Christmas citizens!

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Mangamax

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Trout

For Christmas, I bring you the gift of tabloid journalism, Mega-City style. No, that's not placeholder text. Those are real stories sent from 122 years in the future!

Here's an image, which may or may not be readable. Click on the link below it and you'll (hopefully) end up at a public Dropbox folder that allows a pdf to be downloaded, if you want something zoomable.

And I'm just over an hour early for the 14th, but I'm on deadline here so I need to get this out of the way. It's a workflow thing.  :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6js683ybblt26s/Mega%20Times.pdf?dl=0

CrazyFoxMachine

So in 2011 the long-absent Dirk Van Dom enlisted me, Anthony Rothwell, Bhuna, Filip Roncone & Stephen Prestwood to do a five-part collabstravaganza entitled 'The Gift'. It was tremendously stressful and indescribably fun to whip up a single consistent narrative with four other artists. It's that uniquely collaborative creative spirit of the forum that keeps me coming back, keeps me standing by the art comp, keeps me moderately sane.

You can read The Gift here.

This year we lost Stephen Prestwood. He was awe-inspiringly fast, producing more drawings a week than most manage in months. He was absurdly generous and would pour his time and mind into the small press, drawing jams, commissions, gifts... If you asked him, he'd do it and he'd love doing it. You wouldn't even have to ask. He'd already be on it. I was hollowed out by his loss - and felt the need to say something so I wrote an obituary for him for John Freeman's Down the Tubes - I'd not intended it to be as long as it got but every collaborator revealed another, and another... each one glowing with praise for him and his energy. I'll never forget it as long as I live.

Back in 2011 when asked to do The Gift, Stephen approached it with characteristic enthusiasm and straight away whipped up a quick preliminary sketch on his trusty iPad. I found this recently and thought - "time for one last collaboration". Here's to you Stephen, and the board - and to encouraging each other to create year after year.

Bolt-01

Ho, Ho, Ho!

There appears to be a gap in the schedule?

In that case let the Zarjaz Daily bring you a friday compilation of the current strip:

Join us over on The Daily Zarjaz tomorrow to see the next thrilling episode and remember, it ain't called Zarjaz fer nuthin'!

Eamonn Clarke

Time for some audio with episode 21 of the podcast recorded at last month's Thought Bubble convention especially for the advent calendar. Featuring a host of Tharg's droids and some well known Squaxx discussing their first progs.

Listen on your podcatcher or directly from the website here.
http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/mega-city-book-club-21-first-progs.html

Andy Lambert

Only a week left to go, Earthlets...!
Happy Christmas..! :D

shaolin_monkey

Fillipo and I would like to present to you a completed piece originally intended for this advent calendar about two years ago. Unfortunately difficult personal circumstances meant we couldn't finish it at the time.

However, we've been working hard this last week (particularly Fillipo) and can now show you the fruits of our labour - a snowy crossover of our favourite 2000AD and non-2000AD characters!

-MikeD-

Seasons Greetings! Here's our annual visit to The Angel Gang...

Colin YNWA

Here's my addition to the growing number of Calvin and Hobbes themed entries. This one more directly lifting from three of their first Christmas strips.

amines2058

Apologies for the delay with my submission all 1 day late but got something done!!. Christmas, personal stuff etc etc got in the way. Not particularly happy with pic but wanted to contribute. Fingers crossed though we may get a another submission today from my 10 year old daughter who wanted to take part!! Will try to get something better done for the 24th if possible.
Merry Xmas all!

DavidYeh

Thanks Hawkmumbler for swapping days, I was planning on the 24th but finished a bit earlier and he needed a bit more time so we swapped :)

Here's my contribution after being inspired by David Broughton's contributions last year and all other comics that have made their way here...

P.S thanks Mark thanks for the awesome script!

Enjoy it and merry xmas all!