Main Menu

so overrated?

Started by 2000AD Online, 19 November, 2002, 04:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

>The Watchmen was groundbreaking in it's day and is still a good read now. Never enjoyed the pirate thing it had going on in the background though...

I should'nt bite... the pirate thing is the best thing in it! (Read it more, read it more)...

HiEx

Zenith, Slaine, Rogue Trooper, Dante & SinDex are the most overrated 2000AD stories IMO.

I'm gonna have to stick up for Pat Mills and say while most of the stuff he has written is naff, Cursed Earth and Marshal Law are excellent.

HiEx

DavidXBrunt

Matt Timson

Pirates.  Sorry- just didn't like it.  Not so bad the first time around, but I found it an unecessary distraction the next time.  Now if I ever pick up the Watchmen, the pirates just piss me off!

Who knows, had I never read the pirate bit at all, the book might have been poorer for it somehow.  But I don't think so!

As for Zenith, I don't think it was overrated, but it did seem a bit rushed at times- almost like Grant was being told to "hurry up and get to the point" from somewhere higher up.  Personally, I think that Steve Yeowell's artwork peaked around parts three and four.  I don't know what he's doing differently these days, but I just don't like it any more.

All that said, Zenith's last one-off appearance was a right load of old toss.  In my humble opinion.
Pffft...

2000AD Online

yep gotta admit to that i love zenith but that last series was punisher without the un and the er

(sorry your highness for ripping that off you)

Quirkafleeg

Ah well.. the pirate stuff is the key to unlocking the gideon knot of Watchmen... but if you don't like it fair enough. The first couple of times I read it I did not like it either - now it's one of my favourite parts... Read it about half a dozen times, then...

It's kinda like your fav 'Wars character... Firsts it's Luke, then Han, then of course Vadar and now Jar Jar ;-)

2000AD Online

nothing will ever make me like jar jar

i liked the pirate thing it was great