Main Menu

Judge Child vs Tour of Duty - Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! 3rd PLACE PLAY-OFF

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 April, 2021, 06:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Bolt-01

BPP

The judge child

I'm fairly sure the day of chaos beats tour of duty every time too.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Rogue Judge

Southstreeter

Judge Child

ToD is probably the better story, and one of the best examples of epic modern Dredd, but I've never got around to rereading it, which probably suggests I'm not so fond of it as other stories.

abelardsnazz

Judge Child has a trio of classic Dredd artists, the Angel Gang, Texas City - but for me outstanding storytelling, pulling lots of threads together and a masterclass in making a modern Dredd epic means I'm voting with my head this time for Tour of Duty.

TordelBack

The Judge Child. It has everything, almost every episode is a novel treat for the senses. Smith, McMahon, Bolland. The Angel Gang,  Texas City.  Filmore Faro,  Justice 1. Aggros. Murd. Jigsaw Disease. Dredd's Log.  AB. Hershey's debut. Lopez's tache. Dredd being an obstinate, abtruse drokker.

And it was the first comics collection I ever bought.

Which isn't to say that Tour of Duty isn't a fabulous modern Dredd, arguably the best of the last 30 years: a brilliantly executed weave of character-driven story. deserving of its place in the Top 5.

Just not above Judge Child.

Link Prime

IndigoPrime

Tour of Duty, given that it feels like a coherent whole, rather than a bunch of random episodes strung together by way of a very slight arc.

WhizzBang

Tour Of Duty. It is disappointing to see this losing again since I think it should be in the final vs Apocolypse War.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: WhizzBang on 20 April, 2021, 01:25:13 PM
Tour Of Duty. It is disappointing to see this losing again since I think it should be in the final vs Apocolypse War.

Is the correct answer... except not the Apocalypse War it should be again The Cur... okay, okay I'll stop already...

Huey2

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.