Main Menu

'Hi-Ex! Hell Trekkers Polo & T-shirts'

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 15 December, 2009, 04:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I've just been up to a local place that does printing and embroidery onto tops and the likes and enquired about getting some Hell Trek T-shirts & Polo tops done with a logo.

I must admit it's very reasonable and I was wondering if any of the trekkers are up for this. I feel the other mention was gobbled up in the thread and missed so decided on starting a separate thread for this.

I was thinking on the embroidered logo on the left chest, sort of way instead of getting something printed. I showed the place I went to the basic 'Hi-Ex! Hell-Trek 2010' design that Mike did a while back  (I've just emailed Mike about a slight alteration, changing it to 'Hi-Ex! Hell Trekker' This is so it's for the Trekkers and taking the date away means that if needed the place can stitch more in years to come).

The breakdown would be this for a minimum of 10 Polos and 10 T-shirts (I would be buying two of each plus one extra to send to Mike for all his hard work he has donated to the cause)

Active Polo shirt 190 gms Navy Blue       x 10 at £5.85 = £58.50
Embroidery small / 3 colour to left chest x 10 at £2.40 = £24.00
Premium T Navy Blue                           x 10 at £3.50 = £35.00
Set up charges for small embroidery       = £15

VAT total £19.88

Total £152.38

So as you can see that is extremely reasonable. We may have to go for 4 colours as I couldn't quite see the blue around the 'Hell-Trek' whilst in the shop  ::) (I noticed it when I was back home) but I can't see that being much more.

I shall await responses and questions about this project!

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

Excellent news that saved me e-mailing you then Mike and how weird is this, you were next on my list :o

SmallBlueThing

I tend to have a nervous reaction if I find myself in any colour other than black. I literally do not own any other colours, so I'm okay with this- as long as it's black.

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm sure once we get all the feedback in I can go back up the place with the extra info (sizes, colours, etc..) and they can give me an exact price.

By the way when I give them the design (this is the £15 bit) they digitize it and then stitch it onto a bit of cloth for my approval. I shall then take some pics for here to show the actual finished design to all.

Noisybast

You can always lob a navy one in the wash with some black Dylon, SBT.
That's what I do with any non-black T-shirts that come my way!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Mike Gloady

Wow.  If I end up in black I might be able to convince someone it's a photo from my 20s (I'm less of a colour nazi these days).
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Buttonman

I shall be an avid purchaser of said garment. To be a bit contrary I'd go for navy as it would be a bit more in the military theme and not highlight the dandruff of those who still have hair.

While we are merchandising could I suggest a Hell Trek bottle opener, a Hell Trek flask and Hell Trek condoms? Only joking I already have a serviceable flask.

COMMANDO FORCES

Okay everyone, Mike has sent me the design and if needs be he can change the border colours. I'm happy with it as it is but if anyone has any preferences then throw them in the hat.
Anyway without any further ado

I must add another big Thank you to Mike for his help, yet again! I think I might get him to drive us up there next ;D

Peter Wolf

That looks good !

How much for some embroidered Hoodies ?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 December, 2009, 06:46:01 PM
I didn't check ::)

I just it would be funny to see a gang of 2000ad Hoodies in Inverness terrifying the locals.

I want to be a Feral 2000ad fan !
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

Just checked their website and they do do hoodies ;)

Dandontdare

Nice - I'd probably buy one of these. I'm crap at sums - what would each type of shirt ultimately cost per shirt, roughly? Would the tee-shirts be embroidered as well or just printed? If we all have to agree on the same colour, I reckon it's going to have to be black; or could we order X black, X blue, X red etc?

The design is very cool. I'd definitely keep it a small logo over the breast rather than a big in-yer-face splash over the front or back.

Buttonman

Just checked their website and they do do hoodies

snigger