Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

I'm taking Micro and Nano Bolt's to see UP tomorrow, after successfully avoiding almost all info about it. Mini-Bolt saw it midweek and proclaimed it genius, which is high praise as we are both pretty big fans of Pixar. I'm even springing for the 3-D.

Then I might well pick up Chinese take-away on the way home.

Yum!

Mike Gloady

I remember those crisps, Ush!  They were WICKED, SKILL and other kid buzzwords of the period.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

uncle fester

House of Usher

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 16 October, 2009, 12:00:59 PM
I remember those crisps, Ush!  They were WICKED, SKILL and other kid buzzwords of the period.

Hmmm. That period would have been the nineteen-eighties. I don't remember how long Outer Spacers persisted after their 1970s inception. But look: I found this on youtube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfXzzBhSsII

They're out of this world!  :P
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Ok.  But EARLY 80s.  Not my fault I'm young and beautiful.

I, Cosh

Didn't Outer Spacers grow up to become the Space Raiders which are still with us today?

You couldn't beat the pickled onion flavour for a 5p bag of awesome.
We never really die.

Mike Gloady

I believe they did.  The stalwart of cheap corner shops everywhere.

Bouwel

QuoteYou couldn't beat the pickled onion flavour for a 5p bag of awesome.

I lived on these in the laste 70's/early 80's and ate so much I managed to save up for a huge set of space realted posters. Well worth the money and heart congestion.

Pickled onion monster munch are a suitable replacement these days though.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

House of Usher

Quote from: The Cosh on 16 October, 2009, 01:49:47 PM
Didn't Outer Spacers grow up to become the Space Raiders which are still with us today?

Indeed, Space Raiders are made by KP, who used to make Outer Spacers. But I am sure Outer Spacers were of a similar quality to Monster Munch, whereas Space raiders seem rather an inferior product. Incidentally, Monster Munch are made by Walkers, for anyone who wasn't wondering.
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Recently spotted a LARGE, old-style Monster Munch multipack containing the pickled oniony "goodness" I remember with fondness from childhood.  Fine fine snack.

We appear to be lazy local radio presenters, talking about sweets you used to be able to get.  "Whatever happened to Spangles?"

SmallBlueThing

this entire BOARD is rapidly becoming more middle-age waffley than my dads social club! :-D sbt

COMMANDO FORCES

Most of the flavours I eat are the meat flavours but I do love a couple of bags of scampi nik naks now and again.
Who else shoves their fingers under a mates nose and says 'sniff', oh, it's just me then :-[

SamuelAWilkinson

You know, Space Raiders are 20p now? That's an increase of 300% on how much they were when even I, one of the board youth, was a nipper.

And don't get me started on Nik Naks. First they replaced the brilliant Cream 'n' Cheesy with the adequate Scampi 'n' Lemon, and now they've gone and replaced that with the crappy Pickle 'n' Onion. Bastards.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 16 October, 2009, 07:15:08 PM
this entire BOARD is rapidly becoming more middle-age waffley than my dads social club! :-D sbt

Nowt wrong with that son.

I, Cosh

Quote from: SamuelAWilkinson on 16 October, 2009, 07:20:37 PM
And don't get me started on Nik Naks. First they replaced the brilliant Cream 'n' Cheesy with the adequate Scampi 'n' Lemon, and now they've gone and replaced that with the crappy Pickle 'n' Onion. Bastards.
Oh, I'm not having this Wilkinson.  Pickle 'n' Onion is a fine flavour, although I will concede that I like to have the choice.

For the real Nik Nak connoisseur, eating a bag of Rib 'n' Saucy is like being french kissed by God!
We never really die.