Main Menu

....NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 30/4/05, EPISODE 6, DALEK...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 30 April, 2005, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

I liked McGann, and there have been worse episodes than the American TV movie.  Personally, I would really like to see a three doctors type affair at some point.  And McGann would be great.

Cheers

Paul

paulvonscott

"7.83 million viewers and peaked at 8.73 million viewers"

Bets of the day apparently, but I was kind of hoping it might get over 10 million viewrs again.

That's not the fional figues so it'll probably balance out about (or just under) 9 million I suppose.

Funnily enough the TV movie got jabout 10 million viewers and it was commissioned for a series, but differant times I suppose...

Dudley

Wow what a great, great episode.

2 possibilities that occured to me:

1) The self-destruct purposely didn't leave any bits of exploded Dalek lying around.  This leaves it open for the Daleks to return (as they bloody well ought to): as we all know, in sci-fi the villin isn't dead till you can see his bloody mangled corpse, and possibly not even then.  So this Dalek, evolving because of Rose's DNA, will then build more Daleks, and it'll all be Rose's fault.  And the emotion stuff will come back to bite em on the arse, too - this Dalek will have lust for power and all that.

2) The Time War having already happened, possibly with the Ecclestone Doctor as the protagonist, leaves a great opportunity for the BBC, if they can secure funding etc, to make a proper feature film using Ecclestone, a proper movie star type, in the lead role.

Richmond Clements

That was the best episode of Doctor Who I've ever seen.

On the self destruct thingy, I'd add to what FQ said there. Didn't they say in passing that the Dalek had extrapolated how to regenerate from absorbing Rose's DNA? So perhaps it didn't self destruct at all, but just buggered off somewhere to build more Daleks?
I hope so anyway.

And here's for Cybermen in the next season!

Carlsborg Expert

I thought it all good apart from the fact the dalek could have rammed through the guards with precision shooting

To make it longer they could have upped the body count

And if yer gonna levitate go up the middle of the stairwell

Oh,the genius was spotting the fire alarm hmm

no, I loved it and it was great to see after its experience with sentimentalism the ikkle dalek still felt it was disgusting to have anything other than hate in its *life*

Spaceghost

the final 2 episodes are a flashback showing the time wars, so the daleks should be in it.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

SamuelAWilkinson

"the final 2 episodes are a flashback showing the time wars, so the daleks should be in it."

Really? Le woo!
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

paulvonscott

That's the sort of spoiler for another thread.  Sorry, but I didn't think that would be the case, so it has spoilt it for me (not disastrously).  

Tuough I admit It's very difficult avoiding spoilers for these shows.

Lobo Baggins

Hopefully they'll have a little more restraint and avoid spoiling any future cliffhangers, though!

I assume that the trailers are built-in to avoid the BBC squeezing down the credits in order to run another trailer for EastEnders or something - like the one that completely ruined the end sequence for the last episode of Casanova the other week.

After the soaps, it's the highest rated show on telly, so it would definately have a trailer bunged on.

Wish it was less spoilerific, though - I suspect that this week's has given away several major plot points of the next episode!

Doctor Who Confidential on BBC3 still had a massive graphic advertising something else taking up about a quarter of the screen all the way through the show, though...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

House of Usher

"And the emotion stuff will come back to bite em on the arse, too - this Dalek will have lust for power and all that."

Pay attention, Dudley: they have that already!

STRIKE !!!

The Amstor Computer

I'd quite like to see the Beeb do away with trailers for the second part of a two-part episode. Fair enough to trail the next stand-alone (provided you keep spoilers to a minimum) but a cliffhanger only really works if you leave the "what next?" completely up to the viewer.

gnilleps

Wils

this Dalek will have lust for power and all that

With Rose's emotions creeping in, I think the Dalek's far more likely to start craving romantic comedies and gigantic bars of Galaxy.

++I-CAN'T-FIGHT-YOU-TODAY,-DOCTOR,-I'VE-GOT-AN-APPOINTMENT-FOR-A-PEDiCURE-AT-12++

Buddy

Smiley