Main Menu

Judge Dredd Megazine questions.

Started by JimBob, 02 August, 2002, 12:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob

Just got a batch of Megazines and I need some answers.

1. Was Creep ever finished? Despite the scorn in the letters page I really enjoyed this.

2. Is shimura still alive and kicking?

3. Who was behind the Mechanismos attempts on McGruder? on the subject of which what happened to Mcgruder post-resignation?

4. Who's the black private dick who's a sex machine to all the chicks?

5. were their any Armitage stories after thew judgement day/ Gabriel story?

Thanks.

JimBob

Trout

Off the top of my head, I can at least answer the McGruder question.

Her mental faculties deteriorated until she got to the stage of full-time nursing care in a seriously confused state.

While a medical review board were deciding to have her euthanased (is that the right term?), Dredd had other plans.

He broke the old goat out of hospital and took her on a sort of final hotdog run, letting her go out in a blaze of glory.

It was very sad, but (IMO) a fitting end to a great character.

Question for the ladies on the site: If Tharg's Future Shop sold those McGruder skull ear-rings, would you buy them?

- The Troutman Monarch

DavidXBrunt

There is going to be another Armitage story in a couple of months, in the C.D. range. Gratuitous plug...

davidbishop

1. Creep appeared in three stories of his own - Meg 2.41-44, 2.50 and 2.51-54 and in a Dredd strip (Meg 2.70). All were drawn by Kevin Cullen and written by Si Spencer - who now writes episodes of Eastenders.

2. Yes, Shimura lives. Robbie considered bringing back the character but decided to concentrate on Nikolai Dante and new projects instead.

3. The robots themselves were trying to kill McGruder. McGruder is now dead, as had already been noted.

4. Err - Shaft?

5. Yes, Bodies of Evidence by Dave Stone and Steve Yeowell in 3.64-3.67. Armitage features in a forthcoming Big Finish 2000 AD audio.

davidbishop

Oddboy

"Creep Visits the Queen Vic"  That'd be a great episode!
Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

The Mechanismo Story reached it's climax in 'The Wilderlands'. It's explained in that story what was going on with the Mechanismo droids.

JimBob

A Dredd/ Eastenders cross over would be great.

Judge Death "I wisssh to sssssscelebrate the Deaths of Millions!"

Peggy "Lets 'ave the party at the Vic!"

and Pauline Fowler is a ringer for the sisters of Death, only worse company.

and of course:

Frank: "Peggy I've burnt darn the car lot again"

Peggy: "Oh Fwank!"

Mr Dredd "Eat night stick Butcher! ten years creep"

Frank being carted off "Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!"

This should be the film they eventually make.

Frank Butcher should play Johny alpha.

Trout

With Jessie Wallace (Kat Slater) as Hershey.

Actually, that might work.

Old Mo could play Otto Sump.

Oooooh!

- The Trout is indeed an evil creature

Slippery PD

That would mean Hershey acting like this.
"NAAA YA CANT DREDD.  THEY GOT A PLAGUE OR SOMETHING ABOARD SIN CITY.  WERE GONNA LOOSE EVERYONE.  NOOOO.  DAAAAAD!""

everything would be shouted at the top of her voice.

Matt

Sorry, I loved this thread so much I thought I'd send it back to the top for those who may not have caught it before. Congrats go to slippery_jim for making me spit out chocolate Frijj all over my desk at work with his accurate portrayal of Kat.

Slippery PD

No problem Matt.  Kat shes a tart with a heart aint she???  But why do they insist on shouting.  

DREEEEEDDDDD, WHY DIDNT YA KILL ORLOCK!!

HiEx

HiEx we definitely buy a pair of McGruder Skull earings for Mrs. HiEx

HiEx.

El Spurioso

Possibly unknown factoid: the god-awful bint who plays old "Why Can't I Act?" Mo is a close relation (sister or cousin, can't remember which) of Gary Oldman.  Let's all guess how *she* got the part, then...

Andy Diggle

She's his sister - which makes her Isabella Rosselini's step-sister, bizarrely. Christmas must be a laugh.

Even more bizarrely, she was in our local the other day. Big Mo, that is, not Isabella Rosselini. I should be so lucky.