Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

There was that Tales from the crypt episode with Boggart around that time,so maybe some people could see where we are going...

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

I've owned 8 cats in my life, plus countless fosterlings, and not one of them has had the faintest interest in Christmas trees. Until our youngest, 1.5 yrs, who despite ignoring it last year when he was a kitten now cannot be kept out of it. Our living room is a carpet of chewed pine needles, and the soundtrack is of jingling ornaments and scrabbling claws.

Doesn't help that he's a chunky boy, and I fear even my compression-strapping the base to four breeze blocks may not get us safely through the season.

von Boom

Don't show this to climate change deniers.
https://youtu.be/7tAYXQPWdC0

Modern Panther

After the events of the last few days, I heartily recommend In Search of a Flat Earth by Folding Ideas, a 75 minute video essay on why people believe absurd things...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfhYyTuT44

Link Prime

Watched a Flat Earth docu-movie on Netflix a few weeks ago - Behind the Curve.
Hilarious.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

That's a much less depressing take than the Folding Ideas video. I had a grudging admiration for the guy who was cynically exploiting the true believers by selling them flat Earth tat. The highlight was the bit at the end [spoiler]when their grand experiment proved the Earth was round[/spoiler]. I'm not sure I need to put that in spoiler tags.
You may quote me on that.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Modern Panther on 08 January, 2021, 11:37:33 AM
After the events of the last few days, I heartily recommend In Search of a Flat Earth by Folding Ideas, a 75 minute video essay on why people believe absurd things...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfhYyTuT44

Yeah, this is great. I've started watching a lot of Folding Ideas stuff. Makes me feel cleverer than I am.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Andrew_J

Quote from: Mister Pops on 08 January, 2021, 12:45:35 PM
The highlight was the bit at the end [spoiler]when their grand experiment proved the Earth was round[/spoiler]. I'm not sure I need to put that in spoiler tags.

Ha ha! Thanks all the same!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I am deeply concerned that this platform has yet to ban Donald Trump
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

Well he hasn't drawn Pete Wells' willie yet.

Funt Solo

Phrased that way, it seems like a challenge.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Bolt-01

Random pimpage:

New strip this week for ACES weekly produced under the FQP banner.

ACES Weekly is £6.99 for all seven weeks and this is just one of the six strips available as of Today!

Funt Solo

You should not watch this video (2000AD IN 2017: Identity Politics is Destroying a Comic Book Institution) because his patter's shite, but the section running from 0:58 - 1:40 is inadvertently amusing as it reminds me of In 1975 No One Died, which you should watch.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Smith

Quote from: Funt Solo on 14 January, 2021, 09:37:45 PM
You should not watch this video (2000AD IN 2017: Identity Politics is Destroying a Comic Book Institution) because his patter's shite, but the section running from 0:58 - 1:40 is inadvertently amusing as it reminds me of In 1975 No One Died, which you should watch.
Somebody digs up this guy every year.
And apparently,now hes a fan of Owen Benjamin. Because ofc he is. 😂