Main Menu

Urban Warfare review :)

Started by Boo, 07 February, 2015, 03:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boo

Really enjoyed this. And loved that I got to include a gif from Clue in my review. It's the little things, you know? http://www.sidekickcast.com/urban-warfare/
Intrepid Book Correspondent for GeekPlanetOnline and comic reviewer for Sidekickcast

@bookiesnacksize on the Twitter

Apestrife

Great review. Thanks!

Bang on what makes the stories great!

Would'v been awesome if the book had a pocket for a dvd or blu ray disc. Would make a great fit. When to think of it, perhaps not to hard to make at home? Any ideas? Something fancier than a plastic pouch and glue?

Boo

Thank you very much, glad you liked it!

Ha! You're right, the film and Urban Warfare do make great companions to each other.
Intrepid Book Correspondent for GeekPlanetOnline and comic reviewer for Sidekickcast

@bookiesnacksize on the Twitter

TordelBack

Jovis wept, I've only just noticed the agonising pun.

Great review Boo, well written and illustrated.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Professor Cardigan on 08 February, 2015, 10:35:13 AM
The crime is gross negligence, the sentence is

Apestrife

Quote from: Professor Cardigan on 08 February, 2015, 10:35:13 AM

Great review Boo, well written and illustrated.

Urban warfare  :lol:?

Also Underbelly and Uprise.

Tjm86

Rather pleasantly surprised to receive this this morning.  Gave me a welcome relief from work.

The stories all work remarkably well together and despite my initial trepidation when Flint was changed to Richardson on art duties, stylistically both artists work well together.

I was originally hesitant of splurging on stories that I already have in the meg and that have not long since been printed but to be honest I'm glad I did.  Rebellion is making a name for itself with it's hardback editions and this one is no exception.

Quote from: Apestrife on 07 February, 2015, 04:00:00 PM

Would'v been awesome if the book had a pocket for a dvd or blu ray disc. Would make a great fit. When to think of it, perhaps not to hard to make at home? Any ideas? Something fancier than a plastic pouch and glue?

Having splurged on the bookplate edition this is a thought that crossed my mind with regard to the print.  I had a brief moment of panic not long ago with the Termight Edition signed prints until I realised I had not lost them but put them behind the dust cover for safe keeping.  I'm thinking of investing in some of those old photo corner stickies if I can find them.

Spikes

My bookplate edition (131, fact fans) landed today, and its a smashing looking book.
And I was struck by how its height and width reminded me of the old HB annuals.

Wasn't gonna go for this, as I have the two later Dredd stories already, but the inclusion of the Ma-Ma prequel story sealed it - I didn't have a physical copy of that tale.
And now that its in my hands, i'm glad I did double dip.

Very nice!