Main Menu

Binders or Binding

Started by gurnard, 12 June, 2009, 10:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gurnard

I am looking to move some of my comic collection from plastic boxes onto the shelf and am thinking about either binding or using binders.  

I picked up this link elsewhere on the forums for binders

//http://www.modernbookbinders.co.uk

and they do seem resonably priced but I dont know if the look is as good as if I had them bound correctly.  But then do you lose something when the comics go through the binding process?

Is there any experience with the bound process and anyone you recommend for this?  

Thanks for reading.

cheers
Gurnard

Mardroid

Sorry, not an answer to your questions, but thanks for posting the link. I've been meaning to get something like this for a while. Not for my 2000 AD comics though (there are so many I think it will be more cost effective to go down the box route) but I have some Marvel Dark Tower comics that would benefit from this, being non anthology material, etc.

Interesting to see they provide customization too, atlhough that would probably up the price considerably, so it's probably not a route I would take.

gurnard

Hello.  Glad to be of help but I cant take credit for the link, was someone else on the board in an old post I found.

Looking at the site I think customization is only for orders of 50+ (though not completely clear) which is a shame.

SmallBlueThing

I saw these a few years ago and made a note of them then. Ideally, the slipcases appeal- but aside from the pictures on the site, there's no real details about them. See, what I'd like is a series of sturdy slipcases (perhaps 2 per year, bearing in mind bags and boards) for the progs, with the "spine" embossed with a logo and the year/ prog numbers.

My wife says I may as well ask for the moon on a stick.

Working out how much that may cost, I think she may be right.

Steev

gurnard

I found another link to a better website, with online ordering, for the same company.

//http://www.modernbookbinders.com/

Marbles

Do they do them in US comic book size ? Its difficult to see how the binds work from their website.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Mardroid

Quote from: "Marbles"Do they do them in US comic book size ? Its difficult to see how the binds work from their website.
Yes. You can select on the order form. Options are A4, American and A5.