Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Ever since I politely asked the neighbours to turn down their music the other week, it's been rather nice again!

Dandontdare

Did you stun them into silence by going round in your Zardoz trunks?

COMMANDO FORCES

Actually I did have shorts on when I went round but they were cargo ones, nice and baggy, for a change :lol:

Spikes

..ive just found a Bluray copy of Terrence Malick's masterpiece The Thin Red Line in HMV's bargain bucket.

Dandontdare

A quote in the Metro today made me chuckle. In a story about children as young as 10 taking weapons such as knives and knuckledusters into school, it says "among them were ... a 15 year old who brought a 'death star' into the classroom".

you've got to admit that takes juvenile delinquency to an impressive new level!

von Boom

But was it a fully armed and operational death star?

Trout

von Boom

But you have to get help from teddy bears to turn off the shields.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm having a great time tonight. Just arrived at our Corringham store to find the salvage strewn all over the place, by kids I find out. Anyway, I kick what I need to out of the way and reverse into the unloading area.
The manager comes out and tells me what's gone on and then asks for my help in sorting the mess out.
In my head a little voice is shouting 'GET IN!"

Two years ago I came here on a Sunday morning at around 05:00, as the store needed a certain load quickly. I rang the store before I left to confirm that they would unload me as soon as I arrive. They confirmed that they would. When I arrived they said the forklift driver doesn't get in till 07:00. I asked why he said they would unload me on the phone and he said they wanted the load to be here. I exploded inside but I knew that I'd have that last laugh eventually.

I told the manager that one day he'll require my help and I'll not give it. That day has come. He is in the pouring rain as I type restacking pallets, trays, boxes, etc...

He was not happy when I reminded him of the incident and then walked off laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buttonman

Two wrongs don't make a right, John. Oh wait, hahahahahahahahahaha.

Dandontdare

Check out what my mum found in the back of an old drawer the other day! I seem to recakll you hadd to collect coupons from the prog tops end away for this. Isn't it shocking how these things shrink over time though?

And just in case anyone thought it had never fit, here's me aged about 15:

Bolt-01

Oh DDD- you know you have to wear that to any future convention you attend, don't you?

COMMANDO FORCES

It looks a bit snug around the armpits but otherwise I think it looks the norm for a convention attendee ;)

Steve Green

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 03 November, 2012, 12:24:28 AM
I'm having a great time tonight. Just arrived at our Corringham store to find the salvage strewn all over the place, by kids I find out. Anyway, I kick what I need to out of the way and reverse into the unloading area.
The manager comes out and tells me what's gone on and then asks for my help in sorting the mess out.
In my head a little voice is shouting 'GET IN!"

Two years ago I came here on a Sunday morning at around 05:00, as the store needed a certain load quickly. I rang the store before I left to confirm that they would unload me as soon as I arrive. They confirmed that they would. When I arrived they said the forklift driver doesn't get in till 07:00. I asked why he said they would unload me on the phone and he said they wanted the load to be here. I exploded inside but I knew that I'd have that last laugh eventually.

I told the manager that one day he'll require my help and I'll not give it. That day has come. He is in the pouring rain as I type restacking pallets, trays, boxes, etc...

He was not happy when I reminded him of the incident and then walked off laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:

'kids'

Dandontdare

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 07 November, 2012, 05:02:27 PM
Oh DDD- you know you have to wear that to any future convention you attend, don't you?

As you may tell from the photo, if I breathed out or moved my arms, It'd just explode, Incredible Hulk style!