Main Menu

Another thing, why does this site keep banging on about Metal Hammer?

Started by death monkey 23, 22 November, 2001, 03:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

death monkey 23

Metal Hammer is shit, man!        Metal Hammer is the sort of thing Nathan probably reads.  cos he's a dick head.

Thread Zero

You better be careful Deathy.

If you keep posting things like that you may be banned.

I was once, so be careful.

I am being serious just in case you don't believe me.

scojo

Thread Zero

A few days.

It was only due to Mk13's kind and nobel gesture to reinstate me that the rest of the board can still read my dubious posts here.

Without him, I never would have returned.

I said a few over the top things, got carried away and eventually you go too far.

Humour is subjective, I guess.

I have also been banned 4 times from a screenwriting site. The editor had no sense of humour.
Anyway I am back on that board now. I kept changing my user name you see! But I behave on that one now.

Oh well, that is my life story in a nutshell.

I hope you are still awake?

Deathy, deathy?

Tut.

scojo

Matt

Wood

I helped moderate a large (1800+ members) BBS for about a year, and had to deal with stuff like this quite a lot.

It is extremely bad form to tell an admin how to do his job (and I wouldn't dream of doing so, especially since different boards have different rules; the one I worked for is pretty strict).

However, this is a UK site, and subject to UK libel laws. nathan could, theoretically, sue, and the liability - and the burden of proof - would be 2000AD's. repeatedly libelling someone (and technically, that's what insulting someone in writing does amount to - and it has been proven in court).

So it's not in the board's interest or yours, death monkey, to repeatedly insult Nathan.

Mk13

Hmmm, AFAIR calling someone an arsehole is not technically libel, being personal opinion (as opposed to calling someone a theiving arsehole or some such phrase which alleges nefarious activity on their part), though as you say there have been court cases in the past.

Nevertheless, while we have no problem with people disagreeing with each other on the message board, randomly insulting each other for no real reason is unneccesary, tiresome, and won't be put up with.

Death Monkey, you're on a yellow card at the moment - don't push it or you will be banned.

Thread Zero

Yeah Deathy, you scum arsehole tosspot.

Listen to Mk13.

Er..ignore that first line!

Hee hee!

Love and kisses really Deathy.
smooch!

scojo in love with monkey

Wood

Ahhhh.

So I went and checked, and yeah, Mk13, you're right. Damn this stupid head of mine. Having a post titled 'libel' really looked ominous, though :)