Main Menu

Titan Books - Value For Money??

Started by Jeff Tiley, 01 December, 2001, 04:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Tiley

Am I alone in thinking that the current range of books being offered for reprint by Titan do not offer value for money?
The 2 Dredd Books, Death Aid & Emerald Isle are poor value at ?9.99 each for 80 pages. I can buy 3 progs containing 96 pages of 'quality' story (Ok, not sure about that at the moment)on quality paper for ?4.20. Titan are able to print loads of DC & Dark Horse stuff around the ?10 price and they generally contain upwards of 120 pages a book. Surely print costs of 2000AD material can't be that much greater than DC & Dark Horse material.

wrighty47

I think it depends on which books we're talking about. The Dredd ones don't appear to be particulaly good value. The Halo Jones one however was, IMHO. It took some reading for a trade costing ?12.99, and the forthcoming Slaine Hardback looks superb value @ ?14.99. When comparing 'tooth stuff to DC/Dark Horse stuff, also remember that the actual page size is significanty larger for the 'tooth books. And hey it could be worse, have you seen what Diamond have been charging for the Akira trades when compared to the U.S. prices - ?24 for a $27 book does not make me a happy chappie!
Alan! - Thank God for Amazon.com :)

2000AD Online

I agree they should be bigger.  Also they need to get their act together, ie not advertise something for sale which isn`t available.