Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm still waiting for my email telling me who I'm going to play ;)

Banners

Very cool. When are the auditions?

M@

Steve Green

Yeah, we had a good meeting with the actor who's down to play Minty.

The main thing is trying to keep a balance between keeping people interested, and not wanting to give a drip-drip of information which basically shows everything and kills any surprises.

Script is done, storyboarding is underway, we've got a location booked for some scenes in the Meg, (which is what the lawmaster is for), we've visited a couple of possibles for the Cursed Earth.

I'm building CGI set extensions for the Meg and the Cursed Earth.

We've also been getting costumes and props for the other characters.

We'd all love to show more, but don't want to show too much either - the more we give away the less new stuff you'll see in the final film.

Cheers

Steve

Steve Green

Auditions and stuff are not down to me, Steve S (El-Lopo) is away this weekend, we're looking at shooting some green screen crowd elements for scenes in the Meg, and a bunch of characters for the Cursed Earth scenes.

Since we don't know exactly where the Cursed Earth is going to be, personally I think we should get that firmed up before auditions, since it might have a bearing on people's availability depending on the location.

locustsofdeath!

Just please assure us that this will be better than the best Star Wars fan film. The fact that you stated that you met with an "actor" is a great first indication that you are approaching this the right way; nowadays anyone can create fancy special effects, but the story and characters are what counts!

So make this one of the few fan films that are worth watching! BTW, has anyone seen the Solomon Kane fan film floating around youtube - that's the standard imo. Hopefully these fellows can knock it down.

Steve Green

I dunno, what's the best Star Wars Fan Film :)

- Steve

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Steve ^McWild^ Green on 15 August, 2009, 10:56:10 AM
I dunno, what's the best Star Wars Fan Film :)

- Steve

Actually, I'm not sure that there is one.

TordelBack

QuoteI dunno, what's the best Star Wars Fan Film

This one is still my favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdJDAPDltMM

locustsofdeath!

That is hilarious! Goes on a tad too long, but still very funny.

Steven Sterlacchini

At last a proper announcement.

CASTING CALL FOR:
- Monday December 14th at a Sheffield Location

CAST
- Required, 6 Mega City One Criminals (The Kovaks Mob)
- Please provide a simple picture of yourself for reference and rough measurements (to tailor the costumes)
- Please let us know any relevant experience (amateur dramatic, futuristic criminality)
- We would like to keep your details on file as other parts will become available later
- Plus there will be a chroma key studio session in London, 'penciled' in for January Saturday 16th

CREW
- Make-up
- Wardrobe
- Grips and other location personnel
- Crew will not need to commit to the London studio shoot

Please send your details to: steves@thespiritof.co.uk

Hopefully we will not have to reschedule, but if we do, we will understand if you can't re-commit.

I am also delighted to announce that main role of Judge Minty has been cast. Edmund Dehn has generously offered to help us out (real proper paid work committing). It will require us to work around his schedule, but it's worth it, as he's perfect for the part.

COMMANDO FORCES

I best get my arse in gear and have a new photo taken in the morning and send it off then ;)

Colin YNWA

Edmund Dehn looks fantastic! Errr even if we don't get cast will you be able to give the location at some point as being nerdy and based in Sheffield I'm thinking I mmight pop down to the shoot or would that just be really annoying?

Steven Sterlacchini

COMMANDO FORCES, I've already got a suitable picture of you. If you can make the date, just send an email to the address to apply (for my files).

Colin, if you don't get cast as an actor, we may still need help with crew, if you're up for it?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: el-lopo on 19 August, 2009, 09:19:42 AM

Colin, if you don't get cast as an actor, we may still need help with crew, if you're up for it?

Yeah I'd be up for getting involved. Will be e-mailing a photo and will leave contact details just get in touch when you need a lackey!