Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Looking at the CGI Lawmasters. I was wondering if there will be any real motorcycling in this film?

Mike Gloady

It's very cool hearing all about this as it's going on.  Good luck to all concerned and you will have an eager viewer here. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

So that's Colin_YNWA and myself going up for this, anyone else on here had their call up papers?

Steven Sterlacchini

I've only got a few more people to send emails to, from those that applied.

Only about a douzen people sent their details, which is fair enough as we are asking people to give up their time for free, and it's on a work day.

I think I might have also confused quite a few people, who thought it was the auditions that are taking place on the 14th of December. I was actually asking people to send pictures and details by email, we are in fact shooting scenes for the film on the 14th of december.

A big thanks to everyone who applied, hopefully most people should get some kind of screen time.

Cheers, Steven

Mardroid

Considering you mentioned this:

[spoiler]- Plus there will be a chroma key studio session in London, 'penciled' in for January Saturday 16th[/spoiler]

Would you have any casting requirements for this too? I understand that this deals mainly with technical stuff, I just wondered if extras might be required for blue/green screen (or equivalent) type work, etc, or is this purely post production stuff?

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Mardroid on 07 November, 2009, 11:34:44 PM
Considering you mentioned this:

[spoiler]- Plus there will be a chroma key studio session in London, 'penciled' in for January Saturday 16th[/spoiler]

Would you have any casting requirements for this too? I understand that this deals mainly with technical stuff, I just wondered if extras might be required for blue/green screen (or equivalent) type work, etc, or is this purely post production stuff?

Hi Mandroid, if you want to send me some details, I'll keep you up to date with what we're up to, including London based shoots and casting requirements.

Steven

Mardroid

Quote from: Minty on 08 November, 2009, 12:12:57 AM
Hi Mandroid, if you want to send me some details, I'll keep you up to date with what we're up to, including London based shoots and casting requirements.

Steven

Thanks. I just noticed I used the spoiler button instead of the quote button for my above post. Silly me.

Large48

CF,

I'm there as well, not sure if I'm staying half way up on the Sunday night but I'll be there when I get the rest of the info.

So the Kovaks, a group of 6 slightly ageing, balding fat guys with jassy outfits and guns....

LOL
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

COMMANDO FORCES

Excellent news Large48, I'll see you there. Lets just see what the timings are so I can decide how I'm travelling there, car/train who knows!

COMMANDO FORCES

I read on Greg Staples facebook page that he's going to this shoot. Looks like an excellent day all round.

ThryllSeekyr

After watching the third Alien.

I thought the exterior locations use to depict the foundry and penal colony on Fiorina 'Fury' 161 would make a pefect locale for cursed earth and surprisingly it turns out that it's some beach in Northumberland, UK.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103644/locations

You might to to check out that particualr spot.

Though, I suspect that it mighthave be topuched up a fair bit during the editing process.

Mind you, If the spot that has been already chosen to look just as desolate, harsh, unforgiving, incapable of supporting mere mortals then I guess itmight just do.

uncle fester

I don't remember any exterior shots in that film

Oh darn. Looks like I'll have to put the DVD on. Now look what you've gone and made me do...  :)

Mardroid

Quote from: uncle fester on 18 November, 2009, 04:17:52 PM
I don't remember any exterior shots in that film

Oh darn. Looks like I'll have to put the DVD on. Now look what you've gone and made me do...  :)

There's a few at the start. Most of the exterior footage is on the Assembly cut though. And terrific it looks too. Mostly sea scenes though but there is a sense of barrenness, which might be what Tryllseekyr is referring to.

ThryllSeekyr

I didn't mean to waste anybody's time, but what I really meant was what was done with the exterior photography I guesss.

If theere any coast lne in those shots, then I wasn't takingmuch notice of it.

I can't find a good picture of it anywhere....

Except this, not so sure about the radar dish.

buit I was quite satified that what I saw seemed prety much cursed to me.

I thought the foundry interior location, and alot of the penal colony iterors would make a excelent double as the Mega City One, RESYK plant. With some addjustments.

Even Mega City City one prison facility wouldn't be much of a stretch.

Mardroid

Right! I remember that now. You're right that could well do.