Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

Someone is going to identify these perps?  :)

Looks really good. The Judge costumes and actors look impressive and the gangers have caught the madness of the Megs loathsome citizenry so well.

I think that's praise... ;D
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

COMMANDO FORCES

I've just watched all the footage I shot and I must say that the outfits look superb on screen and the scenes between Dredd and Minty are spot on!

Colin YNWA

Going from left to right (God I hope I get this right!)

Darren (who was Judge Dredd at BICs), 'udge Palmer', 'Commando Forces', Edmond Behn, Greg Staples, Nick (who came up even though he had to make a fast escape to get to his sons Christmas Play down South somewhere), 'Large48', 'Colin_ynwa' (who is the only one of the perps, many will be disappointed to hear, who you won't see getting killed alas).

Missing is 'Banners' who was outside at the time dealing with serious head wounds.

uncle fester

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 14 December, 2009, 09:40:33 PM
I've just watched all the footage I shot and I must say that the outfits look superb on screen and the scenes between Dredd and Minty are spot on!
Yeah whatever - get them uploaded! :)

Zarjazzer

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 14 December, 2009, 09:43:15 PM
Going from left to right (God I hope I get this right!)

Darren (who was Judge Dredd at BICs), 'udge Palmer', 'Commando Forces', Edmond Behn, Greg Staples, Nick (who came up even though he had to make a fast escape to get to his sons Christmas Play down South somewhere), 'Large48', 'Colin_ynwa' (who is the only one of the perps, many will be disappointed to hear, who you won't see getting killed alas).

Missing is 'Banners' who was outside at the time dealing with serious head wounds.

Cheers Colin.  Really excellent stuff,  the "set" on the far left looks incredible.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Steve Green

Minty is Edmund Dehn :)

Thanks to everyone who came down - special mention to Commando Forces for throwing himself about, but all those lying on the cold wet asphalt for extended periods went above and beyond...

Cheers,

Steve

Banners

I have a killing headache and am dead on my feet(!) but just a quick note to say what a great time I had, both being in the film and meeting everybody - what a top bunch of blokes!

M@

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Steve ^McWild^ Green on 14 December, 2009, 10:24:05 PM
Minty is Edmund Dehn :)

I have to say that this shot alone is enough to convince me that this is a piece of casting genius!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

COMMANDO FORCES

14th December 2009

03:00 yes folks 03:00 the alarm goes off in the forces household, it's time to get up for the JUDGE MINTY film shoot. I get ready and post a few bits on the forum and off I go to meet Large48 at Northampton services at 05:30 and it's pouring down all the way there.

I picked Guy up (Large48) and we continued on to the shoot, arriving at the location just after 07:00 and scoped the area out. We then went to a local café and had an English breakfast before an arduous days shooting. On arriving back everyone was making introductions and we met our fellow forum members and the production crew. By the way, amazingly it had stopped raining (only to start again heavily when we left though).

We then went inside the MAGNA building and started to get into our costumes and walked down to the shooting location. Steven went through the storyboards and we watched a few pieces being filmed and then went back into the warmth until we were needed.

During this time we all geeked out and chatted about what we were doing and how happy we all were to be involved. Soon after it was back to the shoot and prepare ourselves for the action sequences. But before we could all be despatched to Resyk we watched Banners and Edmund do their scenes and then Gregg and Edmund do theirs.

I won't say much about the story or post any pictures of any of the action sequences as that would spoil the surprise for everyone. Lets just say we all died well and I even managed to break my goggles upon my death.

During the shooting of our deaths we had various shots to get in the can which included distance shots, group close ups and individual shots which all took time but seemed to fly by as it was so entertaining, we did keep joking between shots which also helped. We even managed to get Nick a word on screen (the jammy git) before he had to depart.

Just watching how Steven and his team methodically went about the shoot was extremely interesting and I can't thank them enough for letting us be involved.

I did notice some rubbish strewn across the area and wondered why it was left there, well it was special Mega City One rubbish (which me and Guy shared and took home, I know, I can't help it)

Well all good things come to an end and the shoot was finished so me and Guy quickly sped off to get some shots wearing the Minty outfit (we just wore the jacket upwards as we didn't want to take up too much time as everyone was wanting to get home). After that we all said our goodbyes and thanked Steven and his team again for a most enjoyable and interesting day.

Here are a few shots taken through the day and like I said earlier there are no scene shots so as not to spoil it for anyone.

This is the Kovaks gang L to R Guy (Large48), Me (CF), Simon (Judge Palmer), Colin (Colin_YNWA),  Darren & Nick.

Gregg (Dredd), Simon & Edmund (Minty)

Gregg & Colin

Me and compulsory stubble (this was directors orders) trying the helmet on.

Edmund in the Pat Wagon.

Mega City One drink (Guy took this item)

Crew with Edmund

Matthew (Banners) with his spot.

Edmund & Guy

As you can see from the pictures it was a happy shoot and everyone was extremely generous with their time. A few of us pestered poor Daniel to make some outfits for us (have a guess who) so you never know!

All that's left is to say roll on the screening and again thanks to the crew for all their hard work.

P.S. I'm sure I've forgotten some stuff but I'm sure other members of the Kovaks gang will add their say to help out.

Mike Carroll

Nice one, CF! Man, I wish I could have been there!

I'm truly excited about this movie - just a shame Sheffield is so far away from Dublin!

-- Mike

Kev Levell

Ahh, it looks great. Really looking forward to more treats as the production continues.

Bolt-01

Wow! That looks fantastic. It has been a real treat seeing this project move on- and how long it is taking Steve and the gang says volumes for their dedication.

Banners

Most of my pics (on my crappy cameraphone) were of the action, but here's one showing how the view from Minty's Lawmaster was achieved...

Note that Steve is using his cheapest camera for this shot(!)

M@

uncle fester

Brilliant stuff, thanks for posting all this, guys. And that's a quality headwound you've got there Banners! Even the soda cup is great!

COMMANDO FORCES

There were also Munce Burger boxes and a can of Boing on the floor, but no more :-[