Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Sterlacchini

First of I like to say a MASSIVE thank to everyone who contributed on the day of filming.

I was expecting enthusiasm, but was blown away by the amount of professionalism and commitment. Not one single negative word regards the amount of time spent on the floor, or the number of retakes.

I was also very pleased with the useful input from everyone, which added a bit of extra depth to the gang scene.

Some highlights...

- Edmund's performance, we had a quick review of the footage, it's really paid off getting a pro for the part.
- Greg's Dredd work looks great on camera.
- Steve Green' camera work, I was amazed by the quality and composition.
- Daniel's costumes props and his hidden talents as make-up artist.
- Barry's suggestions and eye for continuity.
- CommandoForces getting hit full blast by a bike cannon (believe it or not I told people to take it easy when they fell), he looks like he was hit by an elephant gun.
- Darren Beddows getting shot also looks like and insanely painfully fall.
- Nick Eklan expanding his part like a real pro
- Simon (Judge) Palmer as winner of the most smartly dressed gang member (definitely taking more than is fair share of the cut)
- Guy as the tough guy who seems to have managed to get himself into nearly all the gangs shots, another pro obviously.
- David's stills of the day and CCTV footage with Colin, Mark and Gregs brother which I'm dying to see.
- Colin's stunt doubling for Edmund.

I've missed a ton of stuff out, which will come to me later, but all in all a great success, I can now relax (a bit) in time for Christmas.

I'll have a run through the stills etc. and see what is appropriate to publish. It's not that we are ultra secretive, I'll pretty much show anything to people in person, but once it's on the net, it's basically published and official.

Steven

Richmond Clements

This seriously look awesome, guys!
Thanks for posting the pics.

Judge Palmer

Many many thanks go to Steven, Steve Green, Daniel, Barry and the rest of the team for making the 14th December for me, the best day of 2009. I throughly enjoyed being given the chance to play a part in this project, and admire the passion and dedication you have brought to your project Steven. It certainly showed on the day.

It was great meeting Edmund, chatting with him and watching him become Judge Minty when he put on the costume. A true professional indeed.

It was also great meeting Greg and getting the chance to speak with him, as well as watch him lift Judge Dredd from the comic's and bring him to life.

Seeing the Judges costumes up close and personal I congratulate Daniel on a superb job well done in bringing the costumes to life on a professional and practical level. I look forward to seeing more great models, props and costumes from you in the near future Daniel. If I can get my second attempt at a Judge Costume close to your standard I will be pleased :)

Thanks to the other guys of the Kovacks Gang (you know who you are) for the fun, experience and 'geek' sharing of everything Dredd and 2000AD. :D

Thanks again Steven for the opportunity, myself and i'm sure many others look forward to seeing the professional shots, stills that David took during the day and of course the finished film itself. I'm sure that you and the team will receive much praise, rewards and addulation when your finished film is shown. ;D

All the best, Simon
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

COMMANDO FORCES

SmallBlueThing

This all makes me hideously sad that me and Mrs Blue Thing were unable to attend (impossible for me to get time off, due to the current situ at work and herself is in final prep for the Big Show at the weekend).

It looks absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to see the finished doodah, and hopefully to have something to do (even if just accompanying the lady) for the next bit of shooting.

I hope you all enjoyed the company of the frankly magnificent Mr Edmund Dehn- who is EXACTLY what all actors should be like, and should be the template of anyone contemplating a career in the industry. More Dehns and fewer Dyers and the world would be a better place.

CF- the file you just sent me via text unfortunately doesn't play on my made-of-wood-and-poo phone! Argh!

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

You poor thing SBT that was a 15 second scene for you to watch, seeing as you went to the London stuff earlier. I just pointed my phone at the TV and copied Dredd doing his scene.

Judge Palmer

Some cool pic's for you all to enjoy ;D

And last but not least, Darren, known also as 'BILLY BOB'

P.S. Sorry Nick but I didn't have a pic of you  :(
Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Minty on 15 December, 2009, 12:38:04 PM
- Colin's stunt doubling for Edmund.

Now see this was my favourite bit of filming of the day. Steven was after someone to get dressed up in Minty's uniform and do some falling down bits after Edmund had left. I don't think anybody wanted to scream 'Me me pick me' and so we all shuffled a bit until lo and behold Steven suggested me. Well the other folks didn't get a chance to make any other suggestions or ideas as in a flash I was like nerding out "Yeah yeah I'll do it me me yeah yeah" and practically dragging Dan away to get me into costume.

It almost went pear shaped as Steven being the total gent he is was worried that I might get hurt falling on my arse. The next few sentences were probably a little unintelligable as I scrambled to make sure they fully understood it wasn't a problem and since I used to play in nets I was used to throwing myself around. I stopped short of pointing out to get to do that I'd have jumped from any number of the tall structures in the area.

The end result was me getting into the uniform getting back to the set and rather rudely all but demanding someone take a photo in my excitment. I then tried to fall on my arse as convincingly as possible which only serves to teach me how difficult seeming easy things are. I was personally much happier with my close-up hand and foot dragging work and will happily stand-in for any artor in the future if they need any... well close up work of someone dragging their hands and feet after being shoot. I know its a niche market and all but hey!

I was really please after my complete excitment died down that Commandoforces and Large48 got to try out the uniforms as they had travelled about 76769 miles to be there and probably deserved to do it more than me! Still it would seem the chance to be an arse falling double brings out the selfnerd in all of us... well me then...

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 14 December, 2009, 08:52:19 PM
Okay, here's one of the Kovaks gang and two certain Judge's. I had to put one up just to sate your appetite and also to calm myself down.

Arrest these Creeps for loitering with intent inside a public building.

15 years - No parole.

Justice department agents - Fraternising and associating with known Felons is an arrestable offence and a clear breach of Justice Dept guidelines and protocols.

Stay where you are.The SJS will be along shortly.

You are all going down Creeps !

Well done everyone !
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

IAMTHESYSTEM

Convincing looking weaponary and those knee pads! :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steve Green

We had quite a few weaponry and costumes, a few of them were just sprayed/modded nerf guns that came up really well.

Just relieved to be able to pack away the props for a bit :)

Steven Sterlacchini

Here's some shots by our photographer David Lindsay.

COMMANDO FORCES

Teivion

Hi folks,
I just wanted to add my own thanks to everyone for mucking in for us on the day.
Its been a slog to get to this point, and actually the positive comments from many of the members on here have been a fantastic morale booster for me...
Me and Steve drove up from London the day before and still it was a really long day for everyone but it was great to see everyone meet up for the first time and muck around, and then to go super-serious when needed, it was brilliant ;-)

Ill sign off by saying that I got to see the digital equivalent of the rushes from the day and the footage we have is brilliant ;-)
Its also worth noting too that what we shot on Sunday will probably only amount to about three minutes of the Short, so there's plenty more where this is coming from!
Dan.
PS A last big thanks to Steve's wife for those well needed Sarnies !