Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

A while yet. The first part has been filmed (the Kovacks Gang stuff) and there is the main bulk in the Cursed Earth to be filmed, later on in the year.
Have a look at the facebook pages, just type in Judge Minty Fan Film and away you go  ;)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 May, 2010, 08:42:58 PM
A while yet. The first part has been filmed (the Kovacks Gang stuff) and there is the main bulk in the Cursed Earth to be filmed, later on in the year.

so we may have 2 Dredd films shooting at the same time, who'd have thunk it.

COMMANDO FORCES

Dredd (sorry Greg Staples) only has a small scene in the Minty film but it's a bloody good one.

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Richard on 15 May, 2010, 08:38:42 PM
That looks great!
Any idea when all this is going to be ready?

The end of the year is doable.

Filming will be finished this year either way. It will probably be a case of when we want to finish post production. I know Steve Green has a lot of ideas that really improve story and drama. On a few shots I can't even believe I was there when we filmed, it's moved so far away from the original footage.

Steven

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

I have been watching the progress for quite a while now and still cant get around how fantastically dedicated and professional you guys are.

Attention to detail in all your costumes and props is breathtaking, just cant wait to see some clips let alone the finished article.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

vzzbux

As a fan film, this will really set the bar for the major flick.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

Casting Call for Judge Minty is now up, visit the blog and read about it http://judgeminty.blogspot.com/

Dates confirmed :-

London 10th July
London 11th July
Wales 16-20th September

Steven Sterlacchini

Beat me to it John.

'VIRTUAL' CASTING CALL!!!
PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE THE ACTUAL FILMING DATES!

LONDON STUDIO SHOOT

Saturday July 10th and July 11th - London SE5
MEGA CITIZENS WANTED Hopefully we will be shooting a selection of background shots of Mega Citizens, which may be used in CGI sequences etc. Actors would only need to be available for 1 (either) of the days.

Sunday July 11th - London SE5
JUDGES WANTED We require extras to play Judges in Judge Minty's 'Long Walk' honour guard. Actors should look reasonably fit and of an appropriate age. It would be very good to get a mix of ethnicities for the Judges.

NORTH WALES SHOOT

Thursday September 16th to Monday 20th (5 days) - North Wales, Llanberis
MUTANTS WANTED We need 10 extras to play members of a Mutant Gang. Accommodation and meals will be provided.

If you would like to play a part in our project, please send an email with your name, sizes (height, chest, waist) and a photograph, as well as any relevant experience (if any) to Steven Sterlacchini.
film@judgeminty.com

And just so this isn't a boring all text post... here's a picture of Judge Dredd having a pint!

Greg Staple as Judge Dredd, photography by David Lindsay.

Proudhuff

almost tempted by the mutie thang, I'm big enough and ugly enough!! :D
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 June, 2010, 02:47:54 PM
almost tempted by the mutie thang, I'm big enough and ugly enough!! :D

I've seen him and I can vouch for that  ;)

Dan Kelly

Dammit, Would have loved to do either of the London days, but am out of town on Family duties!

Mardroid

Can we just turn up? Or would you prefer the usual photo shot before?

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Dan Kelly on 28 June, 2010, 04:13:30 PM
Dammit, Would have loved to do either of the London days, but am out of town on Family duties!

Why not get rid of the faamily?
This is a once in a lifetime oppotunity...

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Mardroid on 28 June, 2010, 11:00:23 PM
Can we just turn up? Or would you prefer the usual photo shot before?

Sorry I need to keep track of how many people we've got. So I need photos and details for reference.

The photos are mainly just for assigning possible costumes and to help me know who is who.

When we did the 'city bottom' shoot, we had a rough idea of who could play who before we started, even though we changed it and Dan adapted the costumes on the spot to create more interesting 'characters'.

Steven