Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willthemightyW

just got back from london, had a great day as a cadet, scrawler, and then mega citizen.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

COMMANDO FORCES

Steve Green

Surely a legshot would have done? :)

Thanks to everyone who suffered in the heat and the interminable hanging around.

Above and beyond the call of duty there...

COMMANDO FORCES

Another excellent day from the Judge Minty team.

Lets see, I shall only post a few pics, drip, drip, drip as we don't want to spoil it all. But before that (never start a sentence with but, that's what my English teacher told me) a little about the shoot. I arrived 15 ish minutes past 8 and wandered down to the studios. Quite an easy place to find and I met Large48 first and then everyone else turned up (we like to be early).
Now it was down to business.......... After business we all went home, stinking  :-[

Anyway here are the pics!

Halo Jones was on set

Everyone getting to know each other

Our illustrious Director tells Edmund to go for it!

Judge Dredd reads 2000AD

Tweeting and relaxing before our close ups

Finally, the two meanest Judges on the streets (look closely at my badge, swoon)

I think those pics don't give too much away, until the next time and remember, Don't break the Law!

JayzusB.Christ

Really looking forward to this now.  Why is Halo Jones in it, by the way?  Not that I'm complaining
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

COMMANDO FORCES

When Viv put that outfit on she just looked like her, it was uncanny  :o

JayzusB.Christ

Ah, I see, she's not actually supposed to be Halo Jones - you're right, though, she's the hok2* of Halo.

*As the word 'spit', as used in this context, was generally written and pronounced in my secondary school.  In fact, it later became the hok3.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

willthemightyW

They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Cthulouis

Just got back to York. It was fantastic, many thanks to all involved for letting us be part of this brilliant experience.

My favourite part of the day was talking to the actor who plays Minty. When I asked him how he ended up with the role, part of his reply was something along the lines of; "At my age, if someone offers you a role where you get to ride a massive bike, then stab someone in the groin with a knife you've just pulled from your boot, you take that role!"

Seeing Dredd gleefully stomping around being Dredd was awesome too, as was getting to wear certain bits of costume myself!

In fact, seeing one of the scenes from Minty's original comic appearance gets a high score as well. Ah, forget trying to figure out which bit was best, it was all amazing!

COMMANDO FORCES

Glad you made it back to York okay, it was good to put a face to another forum member.

Colin YNWA

Looks like everyone had massive fun. Glad you all had a good day and can only begin to imagine how excited Commando Forces was to get his own judges uniform!

Wake

I couldn't make it yesterday (something about my brother's 40th birthday party) but I'm on my way there now for today's shoot. Really looking forward to it.

Pete Wells

Aw man, it looks great! Completely goes to show that the comic uniform can work. Hope the movie guys are watching...

Did you get to keep the badge for the cellar, Judge Burdis?

willthemightyW

argh, my pictures wont upload!!!!!!!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Super pics the uniforms and costumes look great. :thumbsup:

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla