Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Cheers,

We still mull over what to show and what not to - all the stuff in there is WIP pretty much, the backgrounds on the lawmaster shots are untextured and it doesn't have a rider in some etc.

It's more a 'this is roughly what it might look like, but better' - bits of my reel getting, erm... edited, forced our hand so we thought an official one needed doing a bit earlier than we'd anticipated.

I daresay CF being a bit harsh on scrawlers will stay in though...

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Steve Green

PSU should really sort out their cameras though :)

CrazyFoxMachine

Emperor

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 August, 2010, 11:30:12 AMI better ask the mods to deleat my link (but I did say I didn't know who did it, I'll use that as my defence)  ::)

Edit: you can't report your own post![/color]

Should have just dropped one of us a note - I have deactivated the link and added the proper one in. Also added that one to the 2000ADonline YouTube channel - if anyone spots a... mirrored version in the favourites over there then drop a note in and we can switch to the official one.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Zarjazzer

Incredible! Just amazing and the music and sound was excellent. Very atmospheric.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Steve Green

Cheers,

the music etc. is just stock from a great collection on www.videocopilot.net, we'll get someone to score it properly for the film, but I can't compose to save my life, so this got me out of a hole for the teaser...

IAMTHESYSTEM

I love the shot of [and I assume here] Dredd's bike as it rolls slowly over the Kovaks gang in the background.

Justice Dept
crushes the parts other systems cannot reach. Amazing job and that  H-Wagon coming into land besides Greg Staples still wows me. You can almost imagine Karl Urban in the same shot.   :D
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steve Green

Thanks,

there's a lot of scope for interesting shots - especially since it's so CGI heavy (in the meg at least) we can place stuff exactly where we want.

I think we'll have to keep an eye on the convention circuit for Karl Urban to attend - would love to get a pic of the Minty judges with him...

SmallBlueThing

Just unbelievably... well, "scrotnig" is the word I guess. Or zarjaz. Or whatever word Tharg shouts when he splooges, then this is worthy of that.

Nice to be able to recognise Judge Commando Forces in that. I think it was the stance, and the fact that you just know that irrespective of the cgi backdrops, that's how he sees the world normally, so he has no trouble interacting with the "nothing"...

SBT

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Talented team making this fanpic and boy does it show. Hats off to you all :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Kerrin

That is a mighty impressive looking trailer for work in progress. I can't wait to see the finished version.

I'm sure CF was just firing a warning shot....HI-EX!

Albion

That looks drokking amazing.

It's fun watching it and seeing the bits we did in London on green screen and seeing it come alive with those amazing backgrounds. Loved seeing Viv and Will the scrawlers getting caught by Judge Burdis.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

vzzbux

The less you show us the better really. Don't want to spoil the end product now do you.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Steve Green

Absolutely, I wouldn't expect much more video from us until we cut a proper trailer - even then we may do something that's not film footage...