Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Fatboydale on 19 September, 2010, 11:14:49 PM
I was there and it was fucking great ,i even got to piss on CF'S foot in the shower .

It was a great pleasure to meet such a set of nice men ,and to help to do something to help this project was my humble privileged.

It looks like i missed out on some fun in the showers

;) :lol:

I dont want to know what else happened.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SmallBlueThing

Me neither, peter! that comment has me concerned that there may have been a few 'bears' loose upon the welsh mountainsides this last weekend! :D
SBT

Fatboydale

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 20 September, 2010, 04:57:07 PM
Me neither, peter! that comment has me concerned that there may have been a few 'bears' loose upon the welsh mountainsides this last weekend! :D
SBT

No bear or cubs  ;) but the soap was dropped a few time's by CF  :D

What happened in the cursedearth stays in the cursed earth. :-X

COMMANDO FORCES

WHAT A WEEKEND!

Here's my report (without giving anything away) about what went on.

Friday 09:30 Simon Palmer arrived at the Cellar of Dredd and he we managed to squeeze in a 90 minute tour (still didn't see it all as some stuff is boxed). Now it was off to pick up Guy Robbins and Jason Dee from London and then hit the trek proper. We made good time until we hit Oxford and headed towards
Tharg's HQ, the traffic was crap and Guy's knowledge of the location was just not quite up to the task. Luckily I had acquired the number of a certain person and gave them a suprise call, saying that we just needed the final few turns and luckily for us he gave the info.

Next we pulled up outside this bland building and went inside to see one of the massive Dredd/Death statues. Obligatory photo op over, now it was time to talk merchandise with Old Green Bonce himself. Let's just say something is coming but I told him my ideas and where they are going wrong just to help out. We then left and he looked very relieved, I don't know why  ;)

It was then onwards to North Wales and we made good progress until we hit the A5 and sat behind a few cars that didn't want to overtake a Yank military lorry that was heading to some show thingy!

Finally we arrived at about 20:30ish (thanks to Simon's eagle eyes, as he saw the sign for the accom as we drove round a blind bend) and entered Ben's Bunkhouse, Hurrah! Now for the only picture from this report, here is the Bunkhouse.

We made our hello's and picked our sleeping areas, some people don't know that you never sleep near the toilets, as that will always in use  :lol: :lol: :lol:
The room me and Simon chose was very quiet as it was a dead end, so there was no need for anyone to walk through it  ;)

Next morning, after a great nights sleep we started to get dressed for our parts and take loads of photos. The outfits looked amazing and everyone strated to get into character while the crew went to the location and started to do stuff with Judge Minty. We all turned up a couple of hours later after a rally car drive up there.

The weather was Welsh but that did not dampen our spirits, as we watched scenes unfold and awaited our call to perform our stuff. We may all be amateurs but let me say that everyone threw themselves into their parts, some more than others (I won't say his name but when you see the film I'm sure you'll know who it was and no it wasn't me). Even with the weather no-one was miserable, as we all enjoyed watching the story unfold with the crew directing scene after scene (this is when Minty was doing his stuff and we all stood watching).

Watching the rushes that evening was amazing, not just because of the quality acting by us lot but the scenery, the colours and all those other filmy things that have correct names but I don't know them!

After a shower two car loads went to Betws-y-coed for some grub and this is when I realised what a tight git Fatboydale is. He persuaded everyone to eat in a hotel full of old people just because it was 2 meals for £10  ::) This was a mile outside of the town and dead, I won't even mention how I embarrassed Dale (I'll leave that up to others).

Anyway we then drove back to the Bunkhouse and the weather was even more Welsh, it did not look good. After more chats and drinking it was time for bed and a few visits to the toilet, just to wake all the people bedding down next to them!

The next morning we prepared for the days shoot and it still didn't look good, due to the weather. Also Albion was not needed for the day and so he drove back to England, after saying his goodbyes! We then drove to the location and decided to just get on with it, due to a key breaking off in a padlock some complications arose but we soldiered on. Today was stunt double time and all the shots that didn't need Edmund. They were rattled off in quick time and the crew called it a day and so we went back to the Bunkhouse around 14:00, I think!

We sat and watched the rushes whilst we ate some grub and we also did some behind the scenes group interviews about the whole project. Then everyone prepared for their drives back. I managed to get a rather large prop into the car, luckily two of my passengers are not as wide as two others and so they sat in the back with this item attacking them! We said our goodbyes to everyone and set off on the drive back. Amazingly the weather was lovely as we crossed the border and I also have 14 days to see if I get a speeding ticket. I reckon I was doing about 35 in a 30 and didn't get the speed down quick enough when I saw the van parked at the side of a building in the distance!

I would also like to thank the crew for allowing all us fans the chance to take part in this amazing film. So that's Steven Sterlacchini the Director, Stephen Green the Director of Photography and Digital Imagery, Daniel Carey-George the Prop and Costume Creator and Barry Renshaw the Storyboards & Concepts artist. Also thanks to Edmund Dehn for his acting skills that really brings his character to life and finally all the fans who keep turning up to be the extras and help out!

I don't think I gave anything away there and by the way I use shower gel, Dale brought the soap  ;)

Albion

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 20 September, 2010, 05:28:53 PM

Also Albion was not needed for the day and so he drove back to England, .....we also did some behind the scenes group interviews about the whole project.

:'( :'( :'(
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Dandontdare

I managed to get a rather large prop into the car,

It was Ed in uniform wasn't it?

SmallBlueThing

Ed in uniform, who is even now sitting on a stool at the dark end of CF's cellar, glumly awaiting the call of 'action', that will never come and wondering why he's chained up.
'Ben's Bunkhouse' makes me laugh and laugh for some reason.
:D
Sigh. Im just jealous. Wish idve been able to make it, despite dubious watersports activities in the shower.
Top work, guys!
SBT

Colin YNWA

Ouh I don't know which I'm most jealous of the fact that you were able to do the shoot or the fact that you crashed the Nerve Centre. Well suffice to say I'm double jealous and my G.E.M. is massive.

Albion

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 20 September, 2010, 06:25:00 PM
'Ben's Bunkhouse' makes me laugh and laugh for some reason.

I thought it was a great moment when some of us were outside the bunkhouse in costume and the postman turned up. He just dropped off the post and said "Morning" as if he saw a bunch of mutants everyday on his round.

James Stacey

Not been to darkest Wales before then Albion? :)

Albion

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Albion on 20 September, 2010, 05:41:44 PM

Also Albion was not needed for the day and so he drove back to England, .....we also did some behind the scenes group interviews about the whole project.

I dont understand why you just didnt stay for the rest of the shoot as you could easily have watched it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 20 September, 2010, 10:40:55 PM
Quote from: Albion on 20 September, 2010, 05:41:44 PM

I dont understand why you just didnt stay for the rest of the shoot as you could easily have watched it.

It wasn't much fun up the mountain. If I could have left earlier, I would have ;)

So far we've filmed in very cold, very hot and now very wet. I think we may have locusts for the next shoot.

Well done all involved. It was a grueling shoot, but not once did any of the guys who turned up moan. It really helped pick up everyones spirits.

Edmund said, "you know if these people were paid actors, they'd all be moaning and whining about the conditions."

The enthusiasm and creative input from everyone was essential. There was some brilliant ad-libbing which made some of the scenes one hundred times better than we'd planned.

I'll try and get a full report up on the Blog as soon as I can.

Some amazing work from you guys, once again - thanks and well done.

Steven

Noisybast

Glad it went well, guys - *really* looking forward to seeing more of this. Will there be another teaser, or are we holding out for the finished product now?

Also, you'll be entertained to know, my girlfriend decided she didn't want to go to her cousin's christening after all. At 8:30 on the Sunday morning. Anybody know where I can get a lot of quicklime for a reasonable price?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Albion

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 20 September, 2010, 10:40:55 PM

The weather was poor and there was nothing for me to do so there wasn't much point in hanging around. I also had a 300 mile drive home so thought I might as well get going.

Having said that it didn't bother me that I wasn't needed, it was just luck of the draw as far as the scenes go. I still had a great time and would do it all again.
It's amazing to be involved in such a great project based around something I love.