Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Where is he disparaging about the Judge Minty film, as all I can see is that he says that this helmet (one of two) was not made for the film.

By the way, everyone who saw little snippits of the film was blown away by it!

One last thing, as I know what will be asked next. There is some more filming next week, so it is getting closer to being finished  :D

Steve Green

Hi,

Don't know what he's on about to be honest.

That looks like one of Wake's helmets - which he was selling at Kapow for less than that.

So unless there's some other Dredd short that didn't come off (which seems unlikely), or he's making it up. If it's Wake's then not made by a film studio.

We did have someone try to flog a costume that was like one of the gang, but wasn't anything to do with us either...

He says on there it's nothing to do with Minty.

Cheers

Steve

Steven Sterlacchini

Hi,
Thanks for keeping an eye out on our behalf.

I assume they mean another 'short film' as this wasn't created for Minty. Also Minty isn't mentioned in the auction.

Minty is still very much on, by the way, and we're filming next weekend on the 7th and 8th.  :D

I think I might know the chap who is selling these and he does get involved with a lot of props and short films etc.

Large48

Mind you, looking at that listing they are rubbish compared to Wakes ones and they aren't a patch on the proper Minty ones..... :-X
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Steve Green

Actually I'm wondering if it's a re-cast of Wake's?

The shape is similar - although the red trim is a lot higher - Pretty sure Wake's always had an inlay as well.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm now up (this all the wrong way round for me) and about to set off to collect some of this forums members and drive to the filming location  :D

Misanthrope

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 May, 2011, 03:56:12 AM
I'm now up (this all the wrong way round for me) and about to set off to collect some of this forums members and drive to the filming location  :D

I hope all goes well for you all.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

COMMANDO FORCES

The location yesterday was spot on for the scenes that were shot, very atmospheric and it fitted in perfectly with the Wales shoot. Once the heavens opened up, continuity was not a problem!

Albion died well and I know you will all enjoy his demise, as I bloody well did  ;)

It was a long day yesterday for the southern contingent and I think we all hit the sack before 22:00, after watching the rushes after our evening meal.

Me and Guy then watched some of my filming efforts in our room and even that looks okay, which shows the level of commitment from everyone.

Today will be another fun day, as it's going to involve a few more deaths and some very interesting shots, for certain people.

Wake

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 April, 2011, 06:55:31 PMThat looks like one of Wake's helmets - which he was selling at Kapow for less than that

I'm pretty sure it's not one of mine. The shape doesn't look right, and it isn't lined. On the other hand the respirator badge does look like one of mine. I sold several by themselves so people could put them on their own fan helmets and I guess that that is what has happened here.

Cheers,

Wake

Albion

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 08 May, 2011, 05:47:44 AM
Albion died well and I know you will all enjoy his demise, as I bloody well did  ;)

It was a long day yesterday for the southern contingent and I think we all hit the sack before 22:00, after watching the rushes after our evening meal.

I'm glad you liked it CF. I hope it looked good on the rushes. I really enjoyed the Saturday shoot and I wasn't too late to bed when I got back to my relatives in Lincoln, I was knackered! I'm getting too old for this running around stuff.
I hope the Sunday shoot was successful and as much as fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to the rest of you.

It was a real pleasure to work with the Minty team and it's fine cast once again. I'm so pleased to have been involved in it. It has been so much fun and something I will never forget.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

COMMANDO FORCES

What a weekend  :D

P.S. I did a massive post but accidently deleted the bugger, so that top line will have to do for now, as I'm off to bed!

Steve Green

Quote from: Wake on 08 May, 2011, 09:06:57 AM
Quote from: Steve Green on 30 April, 2011, 06:55:31 PMThat looks like one of Wake's helmets - which he was selling at Kapow for less than that

I'm pretty sure it's not one of mine. The shape doesn't look right, and it isn't lined. On the other hand the respirator badge does look like one of mine. I sold several by themselves so people could put them on their own fan helmets and I guess that that is what has happened here.

Cheers,

Wake

Yeah, I noticed the lack of lining and the red trim is too high around the visor. I thought it might have been a re-cast of one of yours...

Cheers

Steve

COMMANDO FORCES

Having just read prog 1733, did any of you notice a certain something about a character at the bottom of page 2 in Dredd!

Spooky :o

Steve Green

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 May, 2011, 04:47:24 PM
Having just read prog 1733, did any of you notice a certain something about a character at the bottom of page 2 in Dredd!

Spooky :o

I think if you're going to the same source, it's bound to happen :)

Emperor

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 May, 2011, 04:47:24 PM

No. I just checked again and can't work it out.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+