Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Just after midnight the Director of Judge Minty tweeted this :-
Big rough cut session this weekend! Lovin-it!

Excitement level has moved up a notch  :D

Dash Decent

Quote from: Glenn Broadway on 27 October, 2011, 10:47:09 AM
I've got no idea if these have been seen elsewhere (they probably have) but on Intagra's Facebook page there are three photographs from the Minty set:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150247384396885.368389.377621956884&type=3

Interesting bronze face mask(?) she's carrying in a couple of those shots.  You can see it better in the shot where she's squatting down.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

James Stacey

Quote from: Dash Decent on 29 October, 2011, 11:03:26 AM
Quote from: Glenn Broadway on 27 October, 2011, 10:47:09 AM
I've got no idea if these have been seen elsewhere (they probably have) but on Intagra's Facebook page there are three photographs from the Minty set:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150247384396885.368389.377621956884&type=3

Interesting bronze face mask(?) she's carrying in a couple of those shots.  You can see it better in the shot where she's squatting down.
It's an army of 2 style airsoft mask
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/e/a/ea-mask-army2-bk_1_mark.jpg

COMMANDO FORCES

A few of you lucky souls managed to see a bit of the 'first edit' at Thought Bubble over the weekend via Steven's ipad and everyones face's lit up as they watched it, especially with what they knew was to come.

Later on Saturday evening I was honoured to watch the film via a projector at Steven's home and I am even more excited now. Edmund looked amazing and really brings Minty to life through his acting. Some of the close ups on his face are stunning, as he reacts to various predicaments through the film.

Without spoiling the story, the action sequences are spot on and it rattles along at just the right pace. I also enjoyed Edmunds weapon skills, no drokker is going to pick him up on those  ;)

Pete Wells

I was one of those lucky souls - I got to see the first 11 minutes and 40 seconds of black and white, 'rough' footage (you owe me 17 minutes 20 ye bams!) and my jaw was on the floor! Its stunning work, very exciting and quite scary in places! Steve the director kept apologising for some shots (a brilliant shot of the West Wall for example) saying they were just temporary and they looked more than fine to me! It says a lot about the ambition of the team and the quality you can expect.

As CF said, Edmund, who plays Minty is excellent, as is Greg Staples who plays Dredd. I was chatting with him about it at Thought Bubble and he said he wanted to play it straight and how much it bothers him to see people gurning when in the role. There's some ace baddies too, with Fatboy Dale looking particularly horrific in his make up.

If I have one minor criticism, it'd be the way folk were holding their guns, a bit limp wristed if you ask me. If only there was someone who could have taken charge...

We're in for a treat guys, I can't bloody wait!

Large48

From what I remember Dale wasn't wearing any make up.....  :lol:

And we had to stop a certain person trying to do the Drug Dealer Kill Shot stance all the time!
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Dandontdare

I managed to watch most of the cursed earth scenes and it does indeed look fantastic, even unfinished. When he told me what was going to be CGI'd into the background of one shot, I was one very happy fanboy, but I won't spoil it!

James Stacey

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 November, 2011, 12:18:18 PM
I managed to watch most of the cursed earth scenes and it does indeed look fantastic, even unfinished. When he told me what was going to be CGI'd into the background of one shot, I was one very happy fanboy, but I won't spoil it!

I've got an image of the death belt now, complete with floating rats.

Albion

Very excited to hear that those who have seen rough cuts of it are impressed. The few bits I saw while filming it looked arsom.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

COMMANDO FORCES

Albion, your bit looked really good. Not saying too much I know but that would give the effect away  :thumbsup:

Albion

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 November, 2011, 01:57:09 PM
Albion, your bit looked really good. Not saying too much I know but that would give the effect away  :thumbsup:

That's good to hear CF, especially after my concerns about the nod!  :-[
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Large48

I have a feeling "The Nod" to name it properly will be in the outtakes...

Mind you I loved your Baron Munchhasen(?) bit the best.  :-X
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Banners

Did I make the cut? Can't believe it's almost two years since we were up in Rotherham!

Dash Decent

Quote from: James Stacey on 23 November, 2011, 01:51:36 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 November, 2011, 12:18:18 PM

I've got an image of the death belt now, complete with floating rats.

I'm thinking a dinosaur, or a giant spider attacking a bison.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.