Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

a HUGE thank you to all involved, not only for making this, but for letting me blag a seat at the cast & crew screening last night as I couldn't make this morning's show.

I don't have enough superlatives to describe this, it was just drokking awesome. Edmund Dehn gave a sterling performance, cool to see some familiar faces too (SBT's missus was good in one of the few speaking roles) and the CGI effects were stunning. Lots of loving fan references too.

Everybody concerned should be rightly proud of what they've achieved.

Steve Green

Glad you enjoyed it, we basically added a showing for the cast and crew as by the time everyone wanted to come it would have left a handful of public spaces for Sunday (which was packed out anyway).

Pete Wells

Yup, what DanDontDare said above. Thanks to all the cast and crew for making this fantastic film, especially the two Steves who've put so much time, money and hard work into the project. What an amazing year we've had for Dredd!

The huge efforts REALLY show on screen - my jaw alternated from agape to grinning all the way through. I'm desperate to see the movie again and am thrilled at the buzz it caused at Thought Bubble from the fans and non-fans alike.

As I said elsewhere, I'd dearly love to see the Steves get the KTTs they deserve, Thought Bubble would have been the ideal venue...

Bolt-01

Not really much I can add to the chorus of praise here, but suffice to say the fans of 2000 AD really are a talented bunch. Thoroughly enjoyable and I can't wait to see it again. Some stunning moments too.

locustsofdeath!

Will this be available on DVD/Blu Ray - or even online - any time soon? I'm anxious to see it!

COMMANDO FORCES

It'd doing the convention scene for a while and aiming for the net next year'ish. Obviously the Steve's know more as it's their baby and when they get a chance they will update the info!

Steve Green

Yeah, conventions/festivals first.

DVD/Blu-ray have been discussed, I think our preference if it goes that way is to do it as a charity thing - as part of the deal with getting location hire for the price we did was that it was a not-for-profit thing, and then it would all have to go through Rebellion anyway...

And it will go online at some point, just not sure when.

Dodsy

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on one of the programs for Minty? I was at the screening on Sunday but they forgot to bring them, would really like to get my hands on one if possible.

Me and the wife really loved the movie and it was only her second exposier to Dredd (the first being the new movie) but when we got home on Sunday night so asked me to get her Judge Death and Judge Death Lives so we may have converted her this weekend people!!!
Twitter - @dodsy84

Steven Sterlacchini

Andy_Lee

Quote from: dodsy on 20 November, 2012, 01:09:17 PM
Does anyone know how I can get my hands on one of the programs for Minty? I was at the screening on Sunday but they forgot to bring them, would really like to get my hands on one if possible.

I was there as well for the first Sunday showing as well. Missed out on the program but the film mae up for it. It was a real treat, I'd love to see it again. Can't wait till it's online. Brilliant work guys!

I welled up a bit during the hospital scene. I was back in 1980 ready my weekly prog again. Ah nostalgia, funny when it gets you.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Steven Sterlacchini

If anyone, who was there wants a programme, shoot me a PM and I'll post some out when I get a chance.

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Skullmo on 20 November, 2012, 02:17:16 PM
Any chance of a London showing soon?

No further screenings have been approved or confirmed as yet. As soon as we have any to announce, we will post them in the Events section.

Richmond Clements

It is absolutely, jaw droppingling brilliant.
I really could not believe the scope of the movie. It really pushes the limits of what can be called a 'fan film'.

Noisybast

Gah! I *really* want to see this. Damn my bank balance for preventing me from going to Thought Bubble!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!