Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Orbital comics in London may be intesrested in doing a screening . . . . :-)
It's a joke. I was joking.

Steve Green

I've passed it on to Steve S.

Cheers

Steve

COMMANDO FORCES

Just watched this again with Mrs CF and she loved it, even though it's not the type of film she normally watches.

She said Edmund was excellent and really brought Minty to life with the added gravitas in his portrayal of the veteran Judge. Perfect casting, in two words!

She did mention some other stuff but if I mentioned those it would spoil the surprises in store. She thought the city looked great, the effects were clever (especially later on), the locations added to the story and she thought that Aquila was well acted, especially the use of his eyes!!!

Fatboydale

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 November, 2012, 07:51:37 PM
Just watched this again with Mrs CF and she loved it, even though it's not the type of film she normally watches.

She said Edmund was excellent and really brought Minty to life with the added gravitas in his portrayal of the veteran Judge. Perfect casting, in two words!

She did mention some other stuff but if I mentioned those it would spoil the surprises in store. She thought the city looked great, the effects were clever (especially later on), the locations added to the story and she thought that Aquila was well acted, especially the use of his eyes!!!

I bet she really liked the bit of rough .....( me ) .....

Banners

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES

Is it now available online somewhere?

COMMANDO FORCES

Not yet, I was lucky enough to obtain a copy. The finished copies for the cast and crew need the cctv stuff added still.

Dale, she said you looked lovely :lol:

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Banners

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES
Not yet, I was lucky enough to obtain a copy....

I obviously need a new agent...

;-)

Steve Green

I think Steve was trying to contact you.

Bat King

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 November, 2012, 08:24:53 PM
Not yet, I was lucky enough to obtain a copy. The finished copies for the cast and crew need the cctv stuff added still.

Dale, she said you looked lovely :lol:

Yeah, going off you swiftly... :( would love a copy.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dash Decent

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 21 November, 2012, 07:51:37 PM

Did she ask for your autograph, CF?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Albion

Another Judge Minty interview at ECBT 2000AD. This time it's director Steven Sterlacchini's turn to tell us about the film.

http://2000ad.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/judge-minty-interview-steven-sterlacchini/
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Banners

This is a slightly overdue thank you to Steven for sorting out a copy of the film for me a couple of days ago. It's also a thank you to Steve Green for all the amazing amount of effort that has gone in to a great piece of work.

I watched "Judge Minty" with goosebumps - very much like being at the Dredd movie. It really is unbelievable to see what a couple of fans and their skilled collaborators have done with talent, gusto, hard work and probably not very much money.

Edmund looks amazing! There are a couple of places where the camera lingers on him for just a nanosecond longer (such as when he takes the Long Walk), and then you really do realise how perfect he is in the role. Both a pro and a real gentleman, it was a pleasure to meet him - and to have my brains blown out by such a nice guy!

The attention to detail is fantastic - from the radio voiceovers to the Judges walking around on the wall, to the graffiti and all the little knowing touches which embellish everything with both creativity and a real love for the source material. Brilliant music and sound effects too.

It's a wonderful journey, and the ultra-violence contrasts nicely with moments of solitary calm. It's packed with great ideas and the scale of ambition has been wonderfully realised. The Cursed Earth mutants are revolting (in a good way!) and the [spoiler]Gila Munja[/spoiler] effects are great.

And after all the excitement, the conclusion is profound and rewarding. I can see myself watching this many, many times...!

Thanks again for making this - you've made a lot of people very happy and very proud. And thanks for letting me be part of it.

Cheers!

Judge Hollingdale

i really want to see Judge Minty!
Hope everyone is excited for Judge Dredd Cursed Edge!
http://www.facebook.com/JudgeDreddCursedEdge

we have alot to live up to!