Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: Banners on 29 November, 2012, 08:14:16 AM
and the [spoiler]Gila Munja[/spoiler] effects are great.

Minty features [spoiler]Gila Munja[/spoiler]? Grud, ive really got to see this.

JOE SOAP

Release it web-wide on Christmas Day.

Please.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Judge Jack on 30 November, 2012, 09:55:42 PM
Quote from: Banners on 29 November, 2012, 08:14:16 AM
and the [spoiler]Gila Munja[/spoiler] effects are great.

Minty features [spoiler]Gila Munja[/spoiler]? Grud, ive really got to see this.

I have taken the liberty of spoilering the posts - because to me, this was one of the main surprises in the movie, and I don't want it ruined for anyone else!

Spikes

No probs Rich, i should  have thought to add a spoiler to my own post. Hopefully not too many saw it.
But damn! Minty!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Judge Jack on 30 November, 2012, 10:19:38 PM
No probs Rich, i should  have thought to add a spoiler to my own post. Hopefully not too many saw it.
But damn! Minty!
No worries. Of course, now I'm on the phone and reading it on tapatalk, the spoliers don't work anyway...

Banners

Ah, shit -sorry. Was trying to be deliberately vague but that reference slipped through my censor-buffers.

Steve Green

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 30 November, 2012, 10:03:06 PM

Release it web-wide on Christmas Day.

Please.

Sorry, Steve S is planning to do the festival route first, which precludes it being on the web I think for a lot of festivals.

Judge Hollingdale

hey guys! join us on our fan page!

http://www.facebook.com/JudgeDreddCursedEdge

here are two videos from the starting production of our short film!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZbH8Wo995U Helmet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwHSj_P0McA lawgiver

share with all dredd fans! thank you!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Banners on 30 November, 2012, 10:34:56 PM
Ah, shit -sorry. Was trying to be deliberately vague but that reference slipped through my censor-buffers.

No probs. It's what I'm here for!

Chrrow

Hey, since I don't want to read the whole thread I want to ask a noob question. I'm waiting for this movie ever since I saw the trailer on youtube and as a german I know that there's no hope to see this film anywhere except the internet. So my question is if it will be free to watch online one day? If not when will there be a DVD and will it be shipped to germany? Oh and my last question is if there will be a blu-ray too? I prefer HD quality so I don't like buying DVD's anymore.

Steve Green

I would say free on the internet is a certainty eventually, but we want to do the rounds of festivals first, and they usually stipulate that a short hasn't been on the internet first.

At a guess I reckon it will be on the internet middle of next year - but that's down to the director when he feels its done enough festivals/conventions. Cardiff has already been confirmed, which is March (I think).

DVD/Blu-Ray is a different ball-game, since it's a not-for-profit thing, and Rebellion own the copyright on the characters it gets complicated, but that's the deal with fan-films.

Things have been discussed, but nothing concrete has been sorted on that front.

Chrrow

Ah ok, thx for the answer.

About the DVD/Blu-Ray problem. Have to considered asking Rebellion if you can sell it if they get part of the money? Maybe they are willing to sell it for you or something since they would make profit.

Steve Green

As I said, things are being discussed.

Things like location hire would have been done on the understanding that it was done for a not for profit basis, if it was being sold, then we would need to clear it with them etc, and they might want more money.

It gets complicated, and I don't really want to discuss the ins and outs of it.

Thanks.

Andy_Lee

I know I'm lucky and I got to see Minty at Thought Bubble a couple of weeks ago but I want to see it again.

jannerboyuk

Cardiff!   :) whereabouts? Can't wait