Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I really liked it. A great effort at reproducing the spirit of 2000AD on the silver screen, with some very impressive FX and also a neat character arc.

Right up there with Dirty Laundry at the top of the fan film tree.

Zarjazzer

It's a fantastic piece of work by all involved, kudos to the designers,scripters and all the crew. If they had Oscars for fan films it would win.[spoiler]I get a shiver at around 6.57 with the shot of the wall as Minty trudges out-it is just awe inspiringly good.[/spoiler]
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

SKD

That was bloody brilliant, I really enjoyed watching it. The attention to detail was superb, the [spoiler]damaged Land Raider[/spoiler] put a massive smile on my face. Well done to all involved in the project, you should be very proud.

Stew. :thumbsup:

JohnMcF

Just watched this for the first time. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Many thanks to all involved in the making of this. A remarkable achievement.

torque

I was blown away with this - 100 times better than I expected. Much closer to the way it should be than the Urban pic.

9/10 (point docked for the lawgiver used)

:)

Professor Bear

Fantastic stuff.  Well done to all involved, and thanks for putting this up on the web - seems almost a shame to give it away for free when I'd have paid good money for it, but thank you again.

strontium71

Anyone catch the 'Rabbit Hutch' radio transmission...?
...because I hate you.

The Adventurer

Its here! Its here! Its finally here!

Watching now!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Steve Green

Quote from: torque on 06 May, 2013, 04:35:57 PM
I was blown away with this - 100 times better than I expected. Much closer to the way it should be than the Urban pic.

9/10 (point docked for the lawgiver used)

:)

Heh, well I'll have to shoot some video when the MK1 Prop comes out...

Spikes

Quote from: Steve Green on 06 May, 2013, 03:09:45 AM
http://youtu.be/aavS_XUITXU

And finally i get to see it!

Mightily impressive work, Steve - so a massive well done to all those that worked long and hard (im sure a lot of fun was had, as well!) on this.  :thumbsup:
And i hadnt realised so many forum members had helped out on this, as well. 

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Judge Jack on 06 May, 2013, 06:20:15 PM
And i hadnt realised so many forum members had helped out on this, as well.

Yep, some of the location shoots felt like mini conventions.

Everyone from the forum created a brilliant positive vibe. Lots of ideas being thrown around, a real high point in filming.

At one point when everyone was crowded in cars half way up a mountain in Wales, I thought everyone must be hating us, well hating me anyway. But when the rain finally let up enough to film something EVERYONE was in a very happy mood and raring to get started.

Edmund took me aside, "if these we're paid actors, they'd all be moaning and miserable", I think he summed up how lucky we were to have fellow forum members involved

The Adventurer

Watched it. Loved it.

Its pretty clear why its production cycle was rather long. All dat CGI. I was actually bowled over with how much effects work was crammed in. Mega City One's skyline never looked so authentic.

If I had one criticism its that [spoiler]I got kind of lost on what was going on with the stone circles, swirls, and invisible lizards. And what exactly that statue was in Fairtown and what it represented. Also, I kind of felt having all the Cursed Earth baddies get killed by the lizards sort of took Minty away from the focus for too long.[/spoiler]

Other then that, film was great. I will be spreading its existence across the net far and wide today.

The Adventurer

Also, will there be a stand alone HD video file for download eventually?

I want to archive Judge Minty for future offline watching.

Steve Green

Hi,

if you have a look for youtube downloaders, you should be able to install firefox extensions to download the .mp4 file. There used to be a site called keepvid as well which would let you do that.

[spoiler]The shrine was basically an offering post for the Gila Munja, so Minty was banking on buying time by trying to pacify them with his gear, and get safe passage out while he laid a trap for the gang.

He saw the swirls at the first cave, and spotted that the tracks led to a settlement that the Gila Munja had overrun, it was a way to play one against the other to kill off the rest of the gang, since Aquila's telekinesis made it virtually impossible for him to beat them directly.
[/spoiler]

JayzusB.Christ

Watched half of it, saving the rest for later.  Hugely impressed so far - it was worth the wait!  Aside from the amazingly professional special effects, costume design and acting, what it has in droves is atmosphere:  It makes me realise how utterly awful the prospect of having to patrol the Cursed Earth for the rest of one's (presumably very short) life must be.  Can't wait to see how it pans out. Though I'm looking forward to some of the other Dredd fan-films in production, it's hard to see how they'll surpass this bad boy.

QuoteAlso, will there be a stand alone HD video file for download eventually?

Just find it on YouTube, and type the letters 'pwn' just after the 'www.' and before the 'youtube' in the URL address.  Hey presto, it's yours to download in whatever format you like.  One of the many useful things I've learned from this very message board.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"