Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Very interesting Jim, cheers.

Was the series originally called 'Fargo'? Just noticed the description at the top of Terry's page.

Terry Doyle

Thanks, all, for the info on my Kev Walker page.   Appreciated.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Link Prime on 13 June, 2017, 11:55:44 AM
Was the series originally called 'Fargo'? Just noticed the description at the top of Terry's page.

I think that was the original Atomeka strip's name, and I think the name change for the 2000AD version came quite late in the day...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

You're welcome Terry.
Feel free to post more artwork if you have it- this thread always appreciates new additions.

Edit- Cheers again Jim.
I suppose publishing a "Fargo" strip in 2000AD would have raised a few eyebrows.

Terry Doyle

That was the only 2000 AD page by Kev that I own.  I do have about a dozen Magic the Gathering paintings, including this one (which was used for a MTG book):

seanharry

Add another page to my collection.

Cover to prog 987 by Mark Harrison featuring Judge DeMarco.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1400475#.WT_5Lxao-eY.link

Terry Doyle

Here's a link to my original artwork collection on Comic Art Fans:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1865

Only one piece of 2000 AD artwork, I'm afraid, but hundreds of other originals (mostly a combination of British and American stuff).  Been collecting OA since 1982.

Currently, I'm into collection movie poster original paintings . . .

Smith

Got anything from Drew Struzan? ;)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Terry Doyle on 13 June, 2017, 04:42:54 PM

Only one piece of 2000 AD artwork, I'm afraid, but hundreds of other originals (mostly a combination of British and American stuff).  Been collecting OA since 1982.

Bloomin' heck there's some lovely stuff there and that's just in the stuff you have for sale. Wonderful stuff.

Terry Doyle

Quote from: Smith on 13 June, 2017, 05:47:27 PM
Got anything from Drew Struzan? ;)

If you don't see the artist's name on my CAF home page, I don't have anything by him (or her).

As it is, I prefer the British quad movie poster designs over the American one-sheets . . . and Struzan artwork is a tad expensive!

Terry Doyle

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 June, 2017, 08:25:12 PM

Bloomin' heck there's some lovely stuff there and that's just in the stuff you have for sale. Wonderful stuff.

Thanks, Colin.

seanharry

Quote from: Terry Doyle on 13 June, 2017, 04:42:54 PM

You've got a great collection of classic British stuff. Some amazing Dan Dare and Steel Claw pages.

Love, Love, Love your Ron Turner Daleks page. If you're ever looking to sell that one, let me know.

Terry Doyle

Quote from: seanharry on 13 June, 2017, 09:39:19 PM

You've got a great collection of classic British stuff. Some amazing Dan Dare and Steel Claw pages.

Love, Love, Love your Ron Turner Daleks page. If you're ever looking to sell that one, let me know.

Thanks,  I used to own a heckuva lot more art.

I've no plans to release the Ron Turner DALEKS page, sorry, it took me a long time to get that one example . . .

Spikes

Been a bit quiet for me on the old collecting front of late, but have just received this from Mr Goddard today. Pencils by Patrick, and inks by Dylan Teague.

Not entirely sure which particular issue of the Meg this is from (From the Rennie scripted Hong Tong 2 parter, that appeared in Megs 209/210 from 2003??) so if any kind Squaxx knows the answer to that, that would be much appreciated.

Jim_Campbell

For those that are interested, and I suspect a few folks round here might be, Cam Kennedy is selling some stone cold classic 2000AD pages on his site.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.