Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Things that went over your head...  (Read 66641 times)

Echidna

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
Re: Things that went over your head...
« Reply #975 on: 16 July, 2017, 03:21:46 pm »
Was Wagner's real name common knowledge at that point? That's one of a few in-jokes referencing his identity (e.g. Fly's Eyes Wagner, Cadet Wagner's entry on the Honour Roll in Mutie the Pig) which appeared when he and/or Alan Grant were going by John Howard, TB Grover etc. (or uncredited, in the case of MTP)

sheridan

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #976 on: 17 July, 2017, 12:44:57 pm »
Was Wagner's real name common knowledge at that point? That's one of a few in-jokes referencing his identity (e.g. Fly's Eyes Wagner, Cadet Wagner's entry on the Honour Roll in Mutie the Pig) which appeared when he and/or Alan Grant were going by John Howard, TB Grover etc. (or uncredited, in the case of MTP)

The examples you've given are in the first three years (and I think two are in the first six months, before the Compu-73e credit cards had been introduced).  Fort Neuro was around Prog 300, and we were well used to credit cards by that point (they'd also spread to other IPC comics, though obviously without the sci-fi angle).

JayzusB.Christ

• Bionic Fingers
  • Squealing meat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: 27 July, 2017, 10:17:23 pm »
While watching Bone Tomahawk, it suddenly occurred to me where Tommy 'Hawk' Hill from Twin Peaks got his nickname.  I'm thick, I know, and it was probably explained in the original two series, but there you go
“Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest”

Smith

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 08 August, 2017, 07:18:27 pm »
Here is a hilarious SinDex one-Dirty deeds done dirt cheap is a song/album title.
Yeah,that took me a while.:|