Main Menu

Something Rogue Troopery in the offing?

Started by Steve Green, 28 February, 2017, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Proudhuff on 30 March, 2017, 06:34:14 PM
Has the GRennie Droid had anything to do with this one?

Did he have anything to do with the original?

shaolin_monkey

Nice teaser recently. A very brief look at Rogue all spruced up with this gen's graphical capabilities. It looked like he was stood in the Quartz Zone too - also rather lovely!

Very much looking forward to this.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

HdE

I remember having this on my battered and now quite dead PS2. (The day it died was very sad. I decided I would send it to heaven to be with my goldfish. But that wasn't the sad part - the sad part was what happened when I'd tried to flush it down the loo. Cost a bloody fortune to fix!)

Anyways - I recall playing the game to completion, because I'm hardcore like that. It was AWESOME.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Lobo Baggins

Woo!  I've just won a copy of Rogue Trooper volume one from the Rogue Trooper Redux Twitter feed!

That'll go nicely with the copy of Rogue Trooper volume two I won during a Rebellion Twitch TV broadcast of Dredd vs Death at the end of 2015...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Bolt-01

2000ADWebDroid

BTW the video on the announcement website was updated recently: http://roguetrooper.com/

Tiplodocus

I know gamers have a tendency to think "I like Game X, I'd love Y to be done in the style of that game".  e.g.  Slaine: Grand Theft Dragon.

But I can't get over what a PERFECT fit, a Rogue Trooper game using Breath of the Wild as a template would be.  Seriously, just about every mechanic in the game could be adapted to a Nu Earth setting.

I mean, the cooking already reminded me of the salvage mechanic from the Rogue Trooper game anyway so it would be simple to turn it back to it's roots. 

Instead of starting with the runes on the Sheikah Slate, you start with Bagman, Helm and Gunnar.

The temples would need to switch to be slightly more combat oriented but basically could be Nort pill-boxes that need to be hacked).

The villages could be Fort Nuero, the Gasbah etc.

The Divine Beasts could be gigantic Nort WMD.

etc. 
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Pete Wells

It says December 31st release on Amazon. I hope its before that...

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Pete Wells on 14 July, 2017, 01:27:52 PM
It says December 31st release on Amazon. I hope its before that...

October!! Woohoo! Not long now!

I feel slight trepidation. The cover mechanic has apparently been changed, in that you go to cover intuitively, rather than pressing a key/button to do so (i.e. In the PC and Xbox versions). This intuitive cover mechanic was one of the things that 'broke' the Wii version in my opinion. It snapped me to cover when I was quite happy running and gunning, and it made me run and gun when I desperately needed to go to cover. I sure hope they've improved that!!  Or at least left the original control scheme as an option in the menus.

gurnard

Looking at the vids it seems like it is the same game as last time. The opening challenge is the same as the original game, is it not?  It looks very familiar.

Is this just going to be the same game (storyline, tasks etc) as the old one spruced up for newer consoles?
Or am I missing something?

Steve Green

That's why it's Redux - and cheaper than a full-price game.

I would imagine the bulk of the maps/levels are the same.

Taryn Tailz

I'm sure I read somewhere that there will be new material included in the Redux. Yes, the original game is being remade in its entirety, but I think there's going to be some new stuff in there too.

Steve Green

I think they've talked about tweaking difficulty levels, but no idea on any extras.