Main Menu

Are all new graphic novels hardcover?

Started by Dongle, 08 March, 2017, 01:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs_jr

Speaking of hardcovers.
Dose anyone know if we will ever get hardcovers of Nikolai Dante since some of the volumes are OOP or they might just reprint them?

CalHab

A case files-style omnibus collection of Dante would suit me.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 May, 2017, 08:55:43 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 May, 2017, 04:25:20 PM
The Wanderer has 'bonus' Hicklenton art in.

Indeed, and it is absolutely brilliant.  It's just sketches with washes, used as title pages and endpapers between chapters, but it's some of my favourite Slaine art - and I wouldn't have been Hicklenton's biggest fan.  And as usual Pat* sweeps away any and all reservations one might have about some of his attitudes by sticking John's name on the cover and spine, giving him the place in Slaine's history he undoubtedly would have had, had things been different: the act of a complete gentleman.

*And presumably Matt too.

I definitely need to check that out now!

glassstanley

Quote from: Steve Green on 28 May, 2017, 06:22:28 PM
I'm not sure how b/w sells on the continent, which is why I'm guessing later Slaine/ABC Warriors get hardbacks (as well as having pristine scans)

But yeah, Early Nemesis, Slaine and Strontium Dog could do with some nice HB presentations.

There are more h/b b/w graphic novels on the continent than there are in the UK! I'm sitting looking at a Polish Slaine the King & a French Savage Book 1.

I would certainly buy over-size h/b versions of the b/w strips, especially if they were produced using new scans.

jacob g

Quote from: Mute77 on 28 May, 2017, 06:26:57 PM
Some of the more recent h/b editions have been beauts, especially last american and luke kirby. I'd love to see a h/b stront.

I would be happy if we at least got some more self contained Strontium Dog sagas similar to how Cursed Earth Saga Uncensored looked.
margaritas ante porcos