Main Menu

JULY ART COMP - THE WORLDS OF PAT MILLS

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 July, 2017, 12:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

From June winner Steven Denton:

IT'S PAT MILLS TIME

Raised by some recent discussions - the 2000 AD godfather. The political dynamo. He has boundless energy, endless creativity. He's often furious. He's often fantastic.  He helped guide our illustrious organ through its earliest days and created some of its most enduring characters. 

A.B.C. Warriors, Invasion, Charley's War, Deadlock, Defoe, Diceman, Dinosty, Finn, Flesh, Greysuit, M.A.C.H.1, Marshal Law, Nemesis the Warlock, Sexy Ostriches, Rico Dredd, Ro-Busters, Satanus, Black Siddha, Slaine, , Tweak, The Visible Man NEED I SAY MORE.

So let's pay tribute to this monolithic figure and his enduring and continuing legacy for which we owe so much - any of his characters, any of his memorable moments!

There will be a GN straight from the nerve centre for the winner of course, and one for Tharg's Choice -  - all entries will be viewable here, on our dedicated FB page, and also on the official 2000 AD Tumblr and Twitter!

Rules for the art comp are these:

- It must fit the theme.

- You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it.

- All entries have to be constructed specifically for this competition - so nothing you've done for anything else.

- You can enter either here or by directly putting it on our FB wall here: https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp/

YOU HAVE UNTIL JULY THE 30th WHEN WE SHALL PURGE THE VOTING DEVIANT

sheridan

Great choice - looking forward to the first entrants!

Tulio_Vilela

My entry for the comp: "SLAINE VERSUS IRON LEGION":

Andy Lambert

Nice one, Tulio! A 2000AD/Doctor Who Weekly mash-up! I considered something similar myself... :D

Tulio_Vilela

Thank you too much, Andy! To be sincere, I drew this one with a overhead pen, cause my digital pen is broken and my ink pot is almost empty (I'm waiting for the pay day). When I had the idea I couldnn't resist to drew this one.The robotic elephant was drawn in A3 size ( and I had to scan in 3 parts separately). Cheers!

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Andy Lambert

Fungus

Poster-worthy, Andy   :o
I'm a sucker for anything that's fantastic.

Andy Lambert

Many thanks, Fungus - I really enjoyed working on this one! :)

Bad City Blue

Wow... you really need to get Pat to sign the original and then sell prints!

Absolutely brilliant
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

SIP

That's an absolute winner Andy.....great work.

Steven Denton

Andy Lambert

Thanks so much, folks - I really am grateful for the positive feedback!
Very much looking forward to seeing more entries from people - it's such a rich topic this month :)

Woolly

Christ alive Andy, that's simply stunning!  :o