Main Menu

Upcoming Steam Sale.... what are people waiting for?

Started by bluemeanie, 13 June, 2014, 02:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

The online buzz is that the steam summer sale is gonna kick off on the 19th of June and run till the 30th

As always I am very excited for this and as with previous sales I expect to buy loads of cheap games which I will then NEVER GET ROUND TO PLAYING. It's a sickness really, my librabry is now up to 245 game FFS

http://steamcommunity.com/id/welshbluemeanie

Got 3 games in my wishlist.... Far Cry : Bloodragon, Broforce and Stanley Parable so hoping to get the three of them. Otherwise, not too sure other than probably getting all the skyrim DLC as I'm really enjoying that at the moment.

Sure there'll be another thread when the sale does go live but for now.... what you hoping for? what do you recommend?

IAMTHESYSTEM

I'd recommend Sniper 2;FarCry1,2 ans 3 even though I don't play the third one any more. Must save pennies for nerd- a -thon buying spree!

You usually pick up something that's worth it for a few quid so get your steam account now pop pickers.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

jackstarr

QuoteAs always I am very excited for this and as with previous sales I expect to buy loads of cheap games which I will then NEVER GET ROUND TO PLAYING. It's a sickness really, my librabry is now up to 245 game FFS
I feel your pain, blue - 150 games in mine and only played about 20 of them, and yet I still have games in my "wishlist"...

bluemeanie

In my defence a lot of these are from those "Ten games for £2" bundles but yeah..... I do go a bit mental in these things.
Was my birthday last week so clocked up £50 in steam vouchers. Expecting at least 10 extra games outta that. My only purchases above a fiver last time were X-Com and Chivalry from memory

Pyroxian

Pinball Arcade Seasons 1 & 2 would be nice at a discount, as I've already bought them for Android so don't fancy shelling out full whack for them again.

South Park: Stick of Truth would be nice at a 50% discount or so too...

ThryllSeekyr

Dandontdare

I'm waiting to find all the games I've paid full price for appearing at silly discounts!

radiator

QuoteAs always I am very excited for this and as with previous sales I expect to buy loads of cheap games which I will then NEVER GET ROUND TO PLAYING. It's a sickness really, my librabry is now up to 245 game FFS

I have a similar thing with iOS games - I buy them on a whim then never actually get round to playing them.

Reminds me of back in the day when my best mate got his original Playstation chipped - he went from only being able to afford two or three games a year (and having to choose really carefully and wring every bit of gameplay out of them) to essentially having all the games he wanted on tap. It should have been the best thing ever, but he eventually admitted that he would just play one for 5 minutes, switch it off, then load up another, and so on.

It's the same reason you have thousands of songs on your iPod on shuffle and find yourself unable to reach the end of a song before skipping to the next track.

GrinningChimera

OH GOD NO!!!

Not another steam sale! My girlfriend is going to kill me! I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys games in these damn sales and doesn't play them. No wonder Gabe Newell can afford to eat so much.

Rog69

Quote from: Pyroxian on 13 June, 2014, 03:26:55 PM
Pinball Arcade Seasons 1 & 2 would be nice at a discount, as I've already bought them for Android so don't fancy shelling out full whack for them again.

Had my eye on those myself but they seem immune from discounts so far.

There's nothing I really want at the moment, I might grab Watchdogs but I'm not expecting it to get massively discounted though. Spintires looks interesting and I still haven't got around to picking up FTL. I have a massive pile of unplayed games across multiple systems, so I'm in no rush to add to it.

CrazyFoxMachine

Huge wishlist + steam sale + empty wallet = inevitable disappointment.

Hope there's some good 99p-or-lessers this time!

jackstarr

I also have the Stanley Parable on my wishlist - blue, have you played the demo yet?  The demo is standalone and, from what I understand, nothing to do with the main game, but should be played first - yet it's one of the most brilliant experiences I've had from a "game" in a very long time!

Super Meat Boy is also on my wishlist (after watching indie game the movie I'm very intrigued by the game - it's currently 75% off on a Steam weekly sale, so just £2.74, but I'm hoping to catch it at 90% off or in a bundle).

Also on my wishlist - Gone Home, Kentucky Route Zero, The 39 Steps, Papers Please, Proteus and The Cave.  So yeah, no AAA games on the list, I'm a big fatigued of the big releases.

bluemeanie

Didnt know that about the Stanley Parable demo. Downloading now. cheers

The Enigmatic Dr X

I played the original Stanley Parable, and its demo, and intend picking up the re-make.

All are fantastic. The voiceover is very Hitchhikers.
Lock up your spoons!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 14 June, 2014, 11:22:16 AM
I played the original Stanley Parable, and its demo, and intend picking up the re-make.

All are fantastic. The voiceover is very Hitchhikers.

I was almost part of the way through the demo of this when I stopped.

I would also steer clear of the last The Witcher game. No the new one. (As that that does look promising..) But the last one is terrible. I brought it for $60.00 AUD retail for the X-Box-360 and nearly cried big man tears when I saw it selling for $5.00 AUD on STEAM. Of course, that hasn't lasted forever and it's back up to it's regular price. Anyway, it's basically got every bad thing that most games of it's type and genre haven't got going for it and it's not much of sandbox game.

It's been very linear so far. The Witcher doesn't animate, when searching through cupboards, closets, secret compartments, collecting herbs and flowers. The Witcher just stands there.

The Witcher can't jump or walk/run over the side of any ledges, no matter how non-lethal the damage he might take falling from the height.

The Witcher can't just walk up to anybody and attack them, including anybody that is clearly a enemy. So far, he's had to otherwise interact with characters that are essential to the plot before there might even be any combat happening between them.  Sure, the Witcher could draw one of his swords and take a swing at them any time you like. Yet, it would just pass through them harmlessly.

The fact that the Witcher carries two swords that he can't even duel wield kind of pathetic. The Witcher uses the iron one for fighting regular folk/animals (I suspect, he does.) and the silver one for monsters. Why don' they just have one iron sword laced with silver. So it effects both, or just have the silver sword as I'm sure it would be harm full to any living thing. Of course silver is soft metal and won't last as long as iron. Especially, when the Witcher appears to be using them as much as the game mythology hints that he does. Yeah, a untreated sliver sword would need to be repaired more often or completely replaced with another one. Carrying two sword for to be only used separately for similar two individual uses reminds me of playing golf. You know, carrying around all those gold-clubs used for smashing and putting. Maybe the Witcher needs a caddy.

The graphics aren't that good, and one of the Witcher's signature abilities. The thing about his special eyes that can see better than regular human's. This hasn't come into play within the game so far as I played it yet.

I can't remember anything else about this game except that I stopped playing when I couldn't beat a guard up enough to get past him.

I'm sorry if this offends any fans of this particular character, but felt a warning about the drawbacks of this game was in order and sure that there are a few game  of similar content that that may have one two of the very same drawback I mentioned above. They just don't have as many of them combined as this one does.

I do hope these problems have been recognised by the people developing the latest Witcher and addressed and fixed/improved for the sake of loyal fans of then game.

Yet, I'm sure it is.