Main Menu

yoincks! followed closely by bah!

Started by judgefloyd, 20 April, 2013, 11:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 07 July, 2014, 11:34:21 AM
...you'll regret that when Smash Bros comes out!

...probably...

And we'll assume Shaolin didn't see the teaser from the new Zelda game for 2015...

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Link Prime on 07 July, 2014, 11:47:36 AM
Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 07 July, 2014, 11:34:21 AM
...you'll regret that when Smash Bros comes out!

...probably...

And we'll assume Shaolin didn't see the teaser from the new Zelda game for 2015...

OH NOOO!  I forgot about that!!

What have I done?!?   :'(

Just kidding.  I'm all Zelda'd out.  I want me a piece of that No Man's Sky action.   :lol:

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 07 July, 2014, 12:06:15 PMI want me a piece of that No Man's Sky action.   :lol:

I wonder how many PS4 units that sold alone because of E3? Beautiful looking game. Way to solid for my hardware when it eventually shows up on PC though I reckon.

8-Ball

Yoincks! Got myself on this internet dating lark. Big leap for me.

Bah! Got two lovely ladies lined up (they contacted me. ME!) and I don't know how to chose between them.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Dandontdare

Isn't that the point of internet dating? Give em both a whirl and hope that one is second date material.

8-Ball

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 July, 2014, 11:46:19 PM
Isn't that the point of internet dating? Give em both a whirl and hope that one is second date material.

Thanks for giving me some perspective (that's not sarcasm.) I'm not much of a looker so the notion of two women flirting with me is a wee bit of a mindfuck. :o

Fungus

Quote from: 8-Ball on 07 July, 2014, 11:12:38 PM

Bah! Got two lovely ladies lined up (they contacted me. ME!) and I don't know how to chose between them.

I'm not detecting a Bah! in this. This is not a glass half-empty v half-full situation, this is a round of drinks.

Oh, and nice one  :)

GrinningChimera

Quote from: 8-Ball on 07 July, 2014, 11:53:06 PM
Thanks for giving me some perspective (that's not sarcasm.) I'm not much of a looker so the notion of two women flirting with me is a wee bit of a mindfuck. :o

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Theblazeuk

Online dating = Don't get attached. This is the same as normal dating but the effort involved to meet new people is much less, so take advantage of that. My advice is to line up as many dates as possible and see what happens.... I went on about 10 dates in the same week, never met anyone again due to either not hitting it off all that much or just incompatible schedules, but my previous approach of 'one at a time' resulted in such a waste of time.

However if you make it through to third date then don't actively pursue others, let natural attrition whittle it down. From my experience I would say the tendency for people with low self confidence in their dating prospects is to take every 'hit' far too seriously, which is self defeating.

Richmond Clements

QuoteMy advice is to line up as many dates as possible and see what happens....

Yup, agreed.
I did the very same - it got to a point that I needed a flow chart at one stage! Which is, at the very least, good for the ego. And you may not find love, but if you don't take it too seriously, you can have a lot of fun and make some really good friends out of the experience.

8-Ball

I wasn't intending to turn this into a agony uncle thingy (just getting it off my chest) but I'm trying to make some changes in my life, mainly down to a long daily commute to work and just being too tired at the weekend, and it's all a bit new to me. Thanks for the advice guys.

Frank

If you make it as far as a dinner date in the real world, I'd avoid Sensitive Klegg's opening gambit of "I never eat people". No lady wants to have that possibility ruled out before the dessert menu has arrived as consolation.

Tiplodocus

Yoinks!  Hey, I'm a Brazillian footballer in the semi-final of the World Cup on home ground.

Bah! ...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Noisybast

Quote from: sauchie on 08 July, 2014, 07:08:32 PM

If you make it as far as a dinner date in the real world, I'd avoid Sensitive Klegg's opening gambit of "I never eat people". No lady wants to have that possibility ruled out before the dessert menu has arrived as consolation.

Although if that eventuality should arise, always follow Zombo's lead and ask first.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Grugz

Quote from: 8-Ball on 07 July, 2014, 11:12:38 PM

got a friend who found "the one" through dating online (after many turkeys mind)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html