Previous topic - Next topic

Onlyverysmall

Pete Wells

Oh Drokking hell! Futsie = Foostsie!!!

How on earth did I miss that!?!

TordelBack

Quote from: Pete Wells on 29 July, 2012, 02:07:05 PM
Oh Drokking hell! Futsie = Foostsie!!!

I have no idea what a Foostsie is, and Google is being absolutely no help.  If, perchance, you meant Footsie, I still don't get it.

Futsie = Future Shock Sufferer, no?

JOE SOAP

I can only ask, what the hell did you think it was?

Futsie = Future Shock or FTSE (footsie): the UK share index futures.

TordelBack

Never made that connection. Indeed, I'm very dubious that there is (an intentional) one.

Pete Wells

Christ, I even spelt that wrong!

Right, so futsie = footsie (like playing saucily with your feet.) However, from some reason I always read it as Fustie and have only read it correctly today. Whodathunk?

hippynumber1

Isn't a 'Fustie' just a very old man?! :lol:

JOE SOAP

I always read it as footsie but I don't think there was ever a correct phonetic put forth and I see nothing wrong with fu-tsie since that's how it's spelt.

Frank

Quote from: Pete Wells on 29 July, 2012, 04:42:17 PM
Christ, I even spelt that wrong! Right, so futsie = footsie (like playing saucily with your feet.) However, from some reason I always read it as Fustie and have only read it correctly today. Whodathunk?

Stallone and Cannon thought MC1 was surrounded on three sides by The Curs't Earth (rather than Curs-ed), which made me question whether I'd been reading that wrongly all those years- for all I know I have. Pat Mills is the cause of much confusion: a childhood pal used to make reference to Hammer-steen and Mee-Quake, and I've never felt the need to call Shlawn-ye by his 'proper' name.

It took me ages to realise that Pat Wagons were so-named in reference to the supposedly inveterate criminality of the Irish.

Trout

I thought Pat Wagons was a reference to Paddy Wagons, themselves reflecting that so many Irishmen joined police forces in the US.

ming

Quote from: bikini kill on 29 July, 2012, 09:11:18 PMIt took me ages to realise that Pat Wagons were so-named in reference to the supposedly inveterate criminality of the Irish.

I'd always assumed that the Pat in 'Pat Wagon' was short for 'Patrol', but there y'go.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: bikini kill on 29 July, 2012, 09:11:18 PM

It took me ages to realise that Pat Wagons were so-named in reference to the supposedly inveterate criminality of the Irish.

Quote from: Trout on 29 July, 2012, 09:14:46 PM
I thought Pat Wagons was a reference to Paddy Wagons, themselves reflecting that so many Irishmen joined police forces in the US.

Both are true and correct.

I, Cosh

Quote from: bikini kill on 29 July, 2012, 09:11:18 PM
Quote from: Pete Wells on 29 July, 2012, 04:42:17 PM
Christ, I even spelt that wrong! Right, so futsie = footsie (like playing saucily with your feet.) However, from some reason I always read it as Fustie and have only read it correctly today. Whodathunk?
Stallone and Cannon thought MC1 was surrounded on three sides by The Curs't Earth (rather than Curs-ed), which made me question whether I'd been reading that wrongly all those years- for all I know I have.
It is and you have.
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

hippynumber1

I always read it as cursed, rather than curs-ed!