Main Menu

Prog 2081 - Homies Under Der Hammer

Started by Richard, 12 May, 2018, 01:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

This is an excellent prog this week!

The cover is Carlos on Stront, and it's a really fitting image. We've seen it or part of it before in an advert before the story started, and I assumed at the time that it was an image from the first episode when Alpha and Kenton meet, but it's actually how the story ends.

It's the last episode of Strontium Dog, and it winds everything up perfectly. That robot they decided to go after last week steals the show with his antics and one-liners, and he's a strong enough character to have been the main bad guy for a whole ten episode series, but Wagner just used him for a total of five pages and still created a very memorable character. This story ends perfectly.

A new series began with a very strong opening episode. Skip Tracer by James Peaty (I feel like I recognise that name but can't place it -- what else has he done?) does a good job of setting up the scene of the story and introducing its main character, and getting the plot going at once.

There's a fun Judge Dredd one-off by Rory McConville and Dan Cornwell. Can't say much about it here as it would spoil the story to mention anything, but this is the sort of thing I like to see. Rory is shaping up to be a safe pair of hands on Dredd (that isn't damning with fair praise; for me "a safe pair of hands" is a high bar on Dredd).

SinDex finishes, and I've enjoyed this one.

And Fall of Deadworld is back, as usual with excellent and macabre art by Dave K. I like the robot horsey thing.

Richard

Dammit. Can someone merge this please?