Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Their free post code isn't working for me. (I wanted to order a Marvel book.)

Mardroid

Ah, I missed the date! Silly me. Would have been a nice opportunity to pick up a couple of the Ultimate volumes then, but never mind.

Jade Falcon

It was mentioned that in the extension an index would be wanted by some.  I think a 'reference' book similar to the Dredd encyclopedia would be useful. One thing in particular with the stories in the collection is a timeline showing how the various stories 'fit' in relation to each other. Especially as the books aren't by time but theme.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Michael Knight

it absolutely beggars belief that after extending the collection they still cannot offer an index.

EDazzling

New volumes are as expected:

Mega City Underworld
All four Bato Loco stories
Both Tempest Stories
Marauder (doesn't include the "Origin Story" strip. Wonder if that will squeeze in somewhere in the extension if there's another "dirty judges" themed book?)

Armitage
All the remaining Armitage stories

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Michael Knight on 02 December, 2017, 01:38:20 PM
it absolutely beggars belief that after extending the collection they still cannot offer an index.

I think instead of just an index, if of course you mean just a story listing, you could have a book with the following.

Story Index
Timeline of notable events and stories tied to it.  (IE Block Mania/Apocalypse war), Necopolis etc.
A tech section.  Showing Judge uniform variants, Lawmasters, Lawgivers, Justice Departmant info, also tech info on the Sov-Block, Sino-Cit etc.
And so on.

It doesn't have to be as totally exact as the encyclopedia, but it's out of date anyway and is getting increasingly hard to find.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

robert_ellis

I'd really like a book of artists/writers and a list of the stories/volumes so I could find stuff.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: robert_ellis on 04 December, 2017, 06:02:07 PM
I'd really like a book of artists/writers and a list of the stories/volumes so I could find stuff.

I've made a start on a spreadsheet listing such a thing, however given there'll be 90 volumes and I've only catalogued 4 so far, it could take a while. Watch this space in about a year. I'm also including story page counts for the statistically minded among us - at present my money is on Colin MacNeil being highest, though Carlos could be a close second.

oddballuk

Info is up for Issue 78 Stars of Psi Division.

https://hachettepartworks.com/judge-dredd-the-mega-collection/stars-of-psi-division

So Karyn, Janus & Juliet November.

Always pleased to have more Arthur Ranson art in regards to Juliet November.

IndigoPrime

Like, Janus, like, rlly, like, like, rlly, like?

*headdesk*

Jade Falcon

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 December, 2017, 08:03:48 PM
Like, Janus, like, rlly, like, like, rlly, like?

*headdesk*

Not quite getting what the reference, if any, is here.

IndigoPrime

Jade Falcon

If she hasn't been in any of the Dredd ones so far, it's likely I never saw her before.

The Monarch

IndigoPrime

"Like wow. I mean, wholly!"

Also: Morrison/Millar doing Dreddworld. I just hope these are better than I recall. Johnson's art is at least nice.