Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: marko10174 on 08 December, 2017, 05:27:42 PM

Jesus, there's  lot out of stock. Will they get any more copies? or once they're gone, they're gone kinda deal? I hope they get more in as I am quite new to the mega collection and only have 27 books so far. I'd like to one day get them all, but if some of them become out of print collector's items it will be a nightmare.

Early this year they had a 50% off January Sale and I made out like a bandit! Got so many of the books I had been meaning to pick up. They might do the same again in a month (but obviously that won't help you get the sold-out ones...)
@jamesfeistdraws

marko10174

I hope they do it again in January because I will go nuts. Why oh why didn't I buy Judge death lives and young death when I had the chance?! I'm sure I'll be able to pick them up on ebay at some point.

Jamie1000013

So are they still doing the ten book extension to 90 books?

I really enjoyed the Judge child follow up recent book. I never knew how Dredd lost his eyes and now I know, pretty fun story.

IndigoPrime

Yes, the series will be running to 90 books, assuming it's not extended a second time.

Tjm86

Quote from: EDazzling on 08 December, 2017, 05:15:12 PM
I stated picking these up 18 months into the run and I never figured out why there's an odd number left?

First issue came on it's own (IIRC, it's been a while).  I guess it also has the advantage of allowing them to sneak in the extension before subscribers have a chance to cancel.  Guess that's why they've been playing it close to their chest on what is going to be in the extension volumes.

Tomwe

Quote from: Tjm86 on 09 December, 2017, 03:44:30 PM
Quote from: EDazzling on 08 December, 2017, 05:15:12 PM
I stated picking these up 18 months into the run and I never figured out why there's an odd number left?

First issue came on it's own (IIRC, it's been a while).  I guess it also has the advantage of allowing them to sneak in the extension before subscribers have a chance to cancel.  Guess that's why they've been playing it close to their chest on what is going to be in the extension volumes.
I'm pretty sure they're willing to accept unopened returns of issue 81 in the event peeps want to bail. There's a freepost address you can just shove it back in the cardboard & return it.

Molcher made a comment on FB that its *not* going to be extended again. I'm sure he's in the loop enough to be able to take that seriously.

abelardsnazz

Really enjoyed Mega City Underground. Bato Loco and Tempest were both great fun, and Marauder had some intriguing moral quandaries to ponder alongside some great action scenes. Stunning art throughout too.

moogie101

Don't follow too much of what gets posted on FB, has there been any hints or educated guesses as to what we can expect in 81-90?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: moogie101 on 12 December, 2017, 11:42:17 AM
Don't follow too much of what gets posted on FB, has there been any hints or educated guesses as to what we can expect in 81-90?

There hasn't been much since the original announcements a few months ago that it would include more recent Anderson, Lawless and a street crime volume - suspect Crime Files will be in there?

Personally, I'm hoping for more classic Ron Smith stories such as Pirates of the Black Atlantic and the Graveyard Shift.

abelardsnazz

Oh, and Otto Sump - he's on the original spine art image - surely he needs to appear?

Speaking of the spine art, are there two Choppers? In front of the Klegg and then next to Anderson?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 12 December, 2017, 12:55:43 PM
Speaking of the spine art, are there two Choppers? In front of the Klegg and then next to Anderson?

Surely that's Spikes Harvey Rotten next to Anderson?
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

Jade Falcon

Been rereading some of the collection and did The Day the Law Died. Solid enough old story but I'm wondering if I missed something. How come Citi Def never seemed to fight against Cal or was it because no matter how Batshit insane Cal was, he was to all intents and purposes, Cal was legally Chief Judge?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

TordelBack

I don't think anyone in the writer's chair had thought of CitiDef yet. We hadn't even seen a block-war at that point.  In-universe retcon, maybe they were established partly as a response to Cal? 

Super Mario

I've been picking up random issues and I got the weird science one a few weeks back.

The ending of strange and darke was a hillarious bit of rug pulling. I'm surprised we never got any follow up.

Pussyfoot 5 was a good bit more enjoyable than I expected it to be.