Main Menu

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Started by Goaty, 24 July, 2017, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Well there was leaked footage from Comic-Con but I am waiting for official.

Also the poster out.

TordelBack

Should I just assume Ant-man is really, really tiny in this one?

IndigoPrime

Some serious ball juggling's going to happen in this one, then. So either it's an incoherent mess with every 'star' getting approx. 11 seconds of screen time, or a fifteen-hour 'epic'.

Goaty

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 24 July, 2017, 11:06:38 AM
Some serious ball juggling's going to happen in this one, then. So either it's an incoherent mess with every 'star' getting approx. 11 seconds of screen time, or a fifteen-hour 'epic'.

It by same directors who did Captain America Civil War, so hardly everyone get 11 seconds of screen time :)

Greg M.

Thanos needs to put his hat on. Without it he looks like Rick Harrison from Pawn Stars.

Proudhuff

this is all getting too much like hard work...
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

This will be the harvest of many planted seeds over the past decade, and I really hope they pull it off.

I've previously read that they intend to use a 'Game of Thrones' type structure with multiple plot-lines, which could work (over the running time of this film and it's sequel).

You'd need a heart of Adamantium not to admire the ambition.

Goaty

Link Prime

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Link Prime on 24 July, 2017, 12:20:00 PMI've previously read that they intend to use a 'Game of Thrones' type structure with multiple plot-lines, which could work (over the running time of this film and it's sequel).
That works in GoT because they have many hours for the one story, rather than Marvel's shorter 'epic over five hours' thing. Also, for me The Avengers worked (despite the inevitable Smurfette thing going on) because it felt tight and focussed, but the follow-up was a drab, flabby mess. Too long. Boring. I'd hate for this to go the same way.

QuoteYou'd need a heart of Adamantium not to admire the ambition.
I can admire the ambition, although a lot of it feels like how comics themselves are done these days: pay to consume 10 things to figure out how the overall story works. And I see a lot of people I know who were previously into this stuff just becoming tired of it all. (Not least there's the problem that so many of these flicks feel broadly interchangeable, and show relatively little spark, originality or uniqueness. Doctor Strange in particular for me was a bafflingly dull, grey and unimaginative film, given the source material.)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 July, 2017, 10:15:23 AM
Quote from: Link Prime on 24 July, 2017, 12:20:00 PMI've previously read that they intend to use a 'Game of Thrones' type structure with multiple plot-lines, which could work (over the running time of this film and it's sequel).
That works in GoT because they have many hours for the one story, rather than Marvel's shorter 'epic over five hours' thing.

The Marvel films have more or less been one story and there'll be little need for setting-up charactersiIW.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 July, 2017, 10:15:23 AM
That works in GoT because they have many hours for the one story, rather than Marvel's shorter 'epic over five hours' thing.

The Marvel films have more or less been one story: the setting-up of dozens of places, characters and their relationships, so there should be no time wasted in Infinity War getting to know the protagonists and their current state. We know the Avengers and extended crew are a bust after Civil War and Thanos has been a background player who's about to come front and centre. That's pretty much all the audience needs to know.

Whatever we think of how the MCU has been handled, Infinity War is mostly for the large captive audience who've been following the films like a TV series - after credit scenes and all.

Goaty

Photos of big cast for Vanity Cover, trailer out soon...

Colin YNWA

When did Black Widow turn into Mockingbird?

TordelBack