Main Menu

Rogue Trooper: The Quartz Zone Massacre (Wii)

Started by The Amstor Computer, 09 May, 2008, 02:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

A current-gen refurbish of this game would rock ass.  I've never had any trouble with the train - I thought that was a fun level!

Tiplodocus

yay - finished it.

Which means I'll add the minor criticisms

TOO SHORT - I could have done with another couple of levels (but not much more) and

SLIGHTLY DISAPPOINTING ENDING - I liked the way the game wasn't obsessed with Boss encounters at the end of level but would still like to have dealt with the Traitor General myself rather than as a cut scene.  Apart from this, the last level was great fun though;  four or five different threats coming at you at once that you had to prioritise and deal with in different ways - very good.

SCENERY WAS TOO STICKY - possibly just the Wii controls but I learnt not to get too close to scenery or cover because before you know it, you were crouching down and trying to blind fire.

Definitely an above average game though - much better than Dredd vs. Death.

Well done Rebellion.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 14 January, 2010, 01:04:44 PM
yay - finished it.

Which means I'll add the minor criticisms

TOO SHORT - I could have done with another couple of levels (but not much more) and

SLIGHTLY DISAPPOINTING ENDING - I liked the way the game wasn't obsessed with Boss encounters at the end of level but would still like to have dealt with the Traitor General myself rather than as a cut scene.  Apart from this, the last level was great fun though;  four or five different threats coming at you at once that you had to prioritise and deal with in different ways - very good.

SCENERY WAS TOO STICKY - possibly just the Wii controls but I learnt not to get too close to scenery or cover because before you know it, you were crouching down and trying to blind fire.

Definitely an above average game though - much better than Dredd vs. Death.

Well done Rebellion.

Yeah, I might be mis-remembering but I'm sure the PS2/Xbox versions had a button to lock you into cover, Gears of War style. Pushing automatically into cover always seems a bit flimsy and weird to me. Otherwise a great game though!

mechanix81

There was reference to this game on the recent ign nintendo podcast where they alluded to RT Wii only selling about 4000 copies, and that a member of the development team had contacted them to suggest that ign not reviewing the game contributed to the sales.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: mechanix81 on 04 February, 2010, 12:20:06 PM
There was reference to this game on the recent ign nintendo podcast where they alluded to RT Wii only selling about 4000 copies, and that a member of the development team had contacted them to suggest that ign not reviewing the game contributed to the sales.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I dunno if it's true, but I can readily believe it. Dead Space Extraction was a really good game, reviewed great and had the Dead Space name attached and EA's muscle behind it. That apparently sold just over 10,000, so I wouldn't be surprised if RT struggled (despite being a cracking game).

Wii games in general sell pretty poorly as far as I'm aware, there's a massive user base with consoles but none of them seem to be buying much in the way of games (outside of the same small handful of casual titles), and anything aimed at more mature gamers bombs massively because there just isn't an audience for it.

It's a real shame though, because it is a good game.

mechanix81

Went back and finished this off tonight. Still love the Robocop/Transformers references during the climactic battle. I guess I'm the only guy buying traditional games for the Wii. Also, it's not only casual game that sell for the Wii, first-party Nintendo stuff tends to do excellent numbers - Mario Kart & New Super Mario Bros being prime examples.
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

radiator

The thing is, Wii owners who like this kind of game will most likely own an Xbox or PS3 as well, and will only buy shooty action games on the more powerful consoles to which they're more suited.

Mardroid

My version of this game on PS2 refuses to load any more. Even after a wash.

I know that sounds funny, but it worked on another game I recently bought from Gamestation! It wouldn't load, and I gave the disk a wipe with some water and washing up liquid and now it loads fine. It had what looked like a deepish mark on it, which washed off... Just goes to show.  Terminator 3: The Redemption. Apart from the superfluous 'the' in the title, a pretty good game so far.

WoD

You know to wash 'around' the disc and not 'in-and-out' from the edge to the centre...

Devons Daddy

i bought it for my WII based on the fact i wanted to own it,

enjoyed every moment, used it with my assault rifle, i truly felt i had gunner in my hands as time.
worthy of the money.
yes i have plenty of shooters for my 360, but this was a fun game to play.
well done rebellion.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!