Main Menu

constantine movie adaptation

Started by Darryl, 24 February, 2005, 03:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darryl

Just read the graphic novel adaptation of Constatine.

Point one - why didnt they get garth ennis, or jamie delano, or mike carey to write? and steve dillon to pencil?

Overall its not a bad comic, but there doesnt seem much to hang a film on.

Carlsborg Expert.

come on then Darryl what makes you so efficient?

Darryl

Carlsborg Expert.

lunatics have taken over the asylum? And just who did you think was the ones in  charge before then?

I think people like you who dane to assertain a charactor on the evidence of a message board should be the victim of serial killers.

Im sorry but my tolerance for witty one line responses are wearing thin, too.

You may be a veteran of the board Darryl. but I have always felt that change is inevetable and I can only take said change liuke an adult.

You, disappointedly, do not.

On top of being an ignoramous.

Of all of these decided responses you could, and should make, remember 1 thing.

Comics have an imagination in mind.

Thankyou. Please feel free to not acknowledge me in future threads as I will be determinining to do similiar.:)

Noisybast

That was unwarranted Jimmy.
I think you should either apologise to Darryl or go and stand in the corner 'til you can behave...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Richmond Clements

Tanky

Looking at the time of posting, it looks like Mr Smoker has fallen victim to the problem of post-beer net access, cos there's a few like it. (Apologies at this point to anyone i've rambled at in the chatroom after suffering a similar fate!)
Hopefully he'll be along after an alka selzer and a fry up to clear this up.

tanky x

Conexus

i don't get it neither (I guess/hope smoker was drunk or similar when he wrote that stuff)

therev

Yeah I got this last week.
It reads like someone who's read a Hellblaser comice once then saw the film decided to write a comic based on it.
Is it just me or is there big gaps in what happens it seems strictly A to B storywise. It's ok but I spent the whole read thinking "oh this bist is from...XYZ etc" and the comic filled in the interesting bits!

Tanky

moving swiftly back on topic, I haven't read any Constantine but i reckon it looks like quite a fun movie. Anyone know if it'll be enjoyable for the uninitiated non expert?

Tweak72

constantine movie adaptation.....
aaaiiiieeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Noisybast

From what I've read, the movie's quite good fun, but just not John Constantine as seen in the comics.

If you've not read the comics, you'll probably enjoy it for what it is.
If you have read the comics, you could probably still enjoy it if you can ignore the fact that Canoe's character has the same name as the guy from the comic.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Darryl

Ermm... I made a comment to Cybermax about the amount of new faces around here - 'It looks like the lunatics have taken over the asylum' - as in new people.

I meant no offence jimmy - you were in the chatroom when i said it - why didnt you say something then?

Oh, and its 'DEIGN' not 'DANE'! and im not an ignoramus - none of my family are hippos! Boom TISH!

Max Kon

Will I. Cooling

I may be crazy but I thought Jude Law would have made a great Constantine...

What do ya think?

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.