Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wild-seven

James - that's some seriously shitty news, you're in my thoughts

Locusts - Let's hope they rectify that mistake pretty bloody sharpish, keep strong mate X
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

vzzbux

Shit makes mine pale in comparison. Did a vodka binge Saturday night and made an ass of myself and have only just recovered.

Hope all turns out fine for everyone.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Kerrin

That's terrible James, best wishes mate.

And Locust, that's just fucked up man. Really hope this gets rectified ASAP. Fat beardy hug to Mrs.L.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

What a really shitty time everyone here has been having.
James, that's awful news and hopefully something can be done to help sort this out.

That's terrible Locust, she isn't even that long back and there sending her off again, it's a bloody disgrace, hopefully something can be done soon about it.

locustsofdeath!

Many thanks all. Here's what happened: shortly after she got home she made rank. This latest deployment needed someone of that rank. Because she just made rank she was fresh on everyone's mind - so they added her to the list.

Last weekend we were told she was to deploy and we spent the entire weekend worrying, but then Monday her superior said he would tell logistics that she just got back and didn't need to go. Well, he forgot to mention it, the paperwork went through and she leaves the end of this month. The only consolation is that it's a three month deployment rather than six (which then turned into seven).

Dark Jimbo

Why do bad things happen to good Squaxx?  :(

Hope everything comes right for all you fine folks in the end.
@jamesfeistdraws

vzzbux

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 01 February, 2010, 08:49:37 PM
Many thanks all. Here's what happened: shortly after she got home she made rank. This latest deployment needed someone of that rank. Because she just made rank she was fresh on everyone's mind - so they added her to the list.

Last weekend we were told she was to deploy and we spent the entire weekend worrying, but then Monday her superior said he would tell logistics that she just got back and didn't need to go. Well, he forgot to mention it, the paperwork went through and she leaves the end of this month. The only consolation is that it's a three month deployment rather than six (which then turned into seven).

Officers. all brains and no common sense. I bet he doesn't get chastised for his fuck up.
I was quite lucky when I was in the forces as I had no attachments and was happy to go here, there and everywhere. I am glad I am now off the reservist list.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Having actually read the moving stories on this thread I see how insignificant my work problems really are. Same sentiments as Dark Jimbo, folks.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

House of Usher

Sorry LoD. I don't know what to say, but I know how I feel about it. Very angry. Having never served in the military myself, I feel that I'd just refuse to go, and I'd ask them to point out where in my contract it says I have to do another tour of duty because someone made a mistake, when the mistake has been acknowledged but failed to be corrected. I'd say it's not my problem. If they had a problem with that they'd have to come and arrest me. By my reckoning she's doing overtime, so she ought to be getting paid +50% for her trouble.

F***ing c***s.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Darren Stephens

Lets hope things start to improve for peeps around here soon. Bets wishes all. X
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Noisybast

Latest development: Girlfriend's hard-drinking dad has defied all expectations by pulling his shit together and reducing (if not actually curtailing altogether) his alcohol consumption.

Her alcoholic diabetic mum, on the other hand, has lost the plot big time and waded into the various bottles of strong stuff she's got stashed in countless locations around the house. Just last night we found three empty 1l bottles of fortified wine, one empty 1l bottle of blue VHF and a carrier bag load of empty beer cans (assorted). Oh, and she hasn't eaten since Saturday.

She's now retreated into a hysterical drunken hyper-glycaemic rage in her darkened bedroom and verbally/physically attacks anyone who comes near. This would be a terribly upsetting thing, if it was just because of her son's death, but it's far from the first time it's happened. I'm mostly just angry at her for what she's putting her remaining children through.

I was all for trying to help her until she feigned death, seemingly for the express purpose of terrifying my girlfriend with a repeat performance of her brother's demise. Now my gf's dad has reached breaking point and is moving away to stay with his sister, leaving his two daughters to deal with what's left of their mother.

Anybody know what the procedure is for getting someone who clearly has significant mental health issues and is posing a serious danger to themselves and others around them sectioned?

Also: James, Locusts - that's some heavy shit guys. Hope you can sort things out.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Van Dom

Good point HoU.
Locusts - what would actually happen if your wife simply refused to go? Would they arrest her? On what grounds? Surely she would have a pretty good case with her superior as a witness? He's the one in the wrong...
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

James Stacey

Thanks guys. Not sure what prompted me to post my heart on a forum when I haven't even told my parents yet. I'm still holding on that she wakes up and realises what she is doing but she does seem dead set on going through with it. I still haven't even had a clear reason why. It's like everything I've held onto in the world is spiraling away out of my control and reach. Fortunately friends and work have been fantastic which has been a massive help.

Locust, I hope you can get it sorted and if not, hold onto the feeling you had when you came on here posting she was on her way home last time.

Noisy, as far as I'm aware you just need 3 people of sound mind and in agreement to get anyone sectioned.