Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Space Spinner 2000AD
« Last post by SpaceSpinner2000 on 15 January, 2018, 11:34:10 pm »
Later on when the Dredd and the Apocalypse squad fire TADs from a hijacked Sov Silo they shoot 20 and only three get through. I think they were definitely taking East Meg 1 defenses into account when they fired. Making unleashing the on the peace world al the more monstrous!
Books & Comics / Re: Legends of the Batman partwork
« Last post by Mardroid on 15 January, 2018, 11:34:06 pm »
I was fortunate enough to find the first two of these in WH Smith’s. The first at the one at Gravesend on my way to work, the second my local at Dartford. Not sure I’ll be getting them all. I didn’t intend to, as I lack the space* and I’d intended to complete the Dredd collection at some point and get at least some of a certain other 2000AD collection. The previews are of what is to come are all tempting however... I doubt I’ll get them all, but I will likely get more.

The first volume was decent.  I’m not sure about a retelling of the Batman origins in a modern setting, and I miss the noirish tone of Frank Miller’s take on the origins (a volume to come!) but the story is good, and the art is lovely, although I thought the batmobile design a bit rubbish. (It does some cool stuff I’ve never seen in a batmobile, though.) I’ve yet to read volume two.

* My two bookshelf cabinets are almost full already, and my room won’t easily accommodate another. There are a couple of shelves I brought from my previous residence that I never got round to installing however, but I don’t really trust myself with a drill. :lol: I guess there always the floor...
Film Discussion / I just found this on YouTube
« Last post by McNulty on 15 January, 2018, 11:05:36 pm »
Film & TV / Re: Current TV Boxset Addiction
« Last post by Tiplodocus on 15 January, 2018, 11:04:54 pm »
THE GOOD PLACE is really how LOST should have played out.
« Last post by Spikes on 15 January, 2018, 10:57:09 pm »
And something occurred to me about those TADS that hadn't before - when warped to the alternate Earth, they crack the planet wide open - so if they HAD landed on East Meg 1, then Justice Dept would have destroyed the whole planet - not a great outcome and hardly 'justice'

Maybe Justice Department calculated that only one or two TADs would get past the East Meg defences, or that any surviving TADs would detect a couple of TAD detonations and deactivate. Still, one Hell of a gamble!

There's a panel showing a hospitalised Griffin being brought up to speed by Dredd  "You've launched the TADS then... You did right... better the Sov's perish with us, than rule us..."
Events / Re: Glasgow Comic Con - 30 June 2018
« Last post by The Enigmatic Dr X on 15 January, 2018, 10:34:35 pm »
I'm up for it. It's the weekend before I go on holiday, but what the hell.
Megazine / Re: Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?
« Last post by sheridan on 15 January, 2018, 10:07:43 pm »
The floppy for Meg 395 is apparently going to be a "Nemesis the Warlock monograph", though it isn't clear from the solicitation whether it will be 64 pages of just that or whether it will be backed up with something else - https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01/13/rebellion-april-2018-solicits/

I'm guessing there are no buyers of the Ultimate collection here...? The text piece in the back of the Nemesis books open 'taken from Rebellion's forthcoming Nemesis the Warlock: A monograph'.

Unfortunately not - I've got the original progs, the Eagle reprint, selected 'Best of 2000AD monthly' reprints, Titan reprints, the black and silver Titan reprint and couldn't really justify getting it all again, just for the few pages of support material - it was tempting though.  I had noticed the mention of the monograph on the Bleeding Cool page though - really looking forward to it - I think of Nemesis Book III as being the story that got me properly in to 2000AD (even though it didn't start until a month or two until I started buying the progs).
« Last post by sheridan on 15 January, 2018, 10:02:22 pm »
It's interesting, I think your opinion of Redondo on Nemesis is actually a pretty common one. People are down on Book 2 because it's not O'Neill, and while I can definitely see that because O'Neill's work is so amazing and distinctive I think it gives Redondo a rough deal. He's done some really neat work in book 2 that is worthy of inclusion in the larger Nemesis canon for sure! Though I'm certainly excited for the return of Kev in '83 :D

Yeah absolutely with you 100% on this. I yeah its not O'Neill good but damnit Redondo on Nemesis, taken on his own merits is absolutely amazing. I've waxed lyrical about it many times here before, and don't doubt I will again but Book 2 is a great story, with some astonishing art and a joy to read.

And this spiders are just so gloriously hairy!

So many great artists have worked on Nemesis down the years - I think I actually prefer Redondo's version of Novala to O'Neill's (Novala being the planet which Terrans attempted to terraform, but which outgrew the colonists).
Welcome to the board / Re: Welcome to 2000AD Online
« Last post by Colin YNWA on 15 January, 2018, 09:48:25 pm »

I've barely scratched the surface so I've still got most of the classics to look forward to. I plan to pick up a good chunk of the Ultimate collection since nearly all of it is going to be new to me.

Good option and a great way to pick up some absolute classics. Have fun with it all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10