Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Film & TV / Re: Wonder Woman 2017
« Last post by Frank on Today at 01:30:06 pm »
Strictly in tv-land terms,mowing down some mooks is bad because?

Not satirical enough. 2000ad's okay, according to Rogue Earthlet, because the violence is satire.

Like when Rogue Trooper shouts 'DIE, NORT SCUM' and murders a platoon. Or when Sinister Dexter whack someone they've been paid to kill by shooting them dead fancy and making a pun.

Great satire.

" maybe Tharg should give Mills and O'Neill a ton of cash to produce new Marshal Law material (and get the back catalogue into print)."

DC own the publishing rights at the moment, DC wanted a new Marshal Law story according to Pat Mills where he teamed up with a certain billionaire superhero, but was not allowed to kick his ass

Come now, this is foolish talk. Everyone knows Batman would hand the Marshal his barbed-wire pants.
Film & TV / Re: Ready Player One (2018)
« Last post by dweezil2 on Today at 01:24:33 pm »
I am extremely excited about this because I loved the book. Trailer looks gorgeous but little worried it could signify a CGI fest like the Transformers movies where I haven't got a clue what's happening on the screen.

I'm not Spielberg's biggest fan but I don't think he makes those kinds of mistakes.

Yeah, Spielberg may be many things, but a Michael Bay wannabe isn't one of them.
« Last post by TordelBack on Today at 01:21:19 pm »
The story in the book (very enjoyable page-turner, but no generation-defining masterpiece) is a lot more grounded than that trailer implies, and I suspect the film will be too. The real lives of the competitors are at the heart of the novel, as are visually simpler video game challenges,  but obviously that doesn't make for an extravagant promo.
Books & Comics / Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: THE TEMPEST
« Last post by Frank on Today at 01:20:31 pm »
maybe Tharg should give Mills and O'Neill a ton of cash to produce new Marshal Law material (and get the back catalogue into print).

DC own the publishing rights at the moment, DC wanted a new Marshal Law story according to Pat Mills where he teamed up with a certain billionaire superhero, but was not allowed to kick his ass

Weird. Thanks for the info.

« Last post by dweezil2 on Today at 01:16:07 pm »
It looks like Wreck-It Ralph for people who think they're too grown-up to watch a cartoon.

'Animated feature'  :lol:
Who doesn't like The Possessed?  Why I have a 28mm model of little Hammy/Gargarax on my desk to prove my love.

The only problem I see is that those first three stories (Dark Judges return, possession of kids, doomed connections with edgy foreigners) basically used up all of Anderson's plotlines forever.
« Last post by JamesC on Today at 01:11:53 pm »
I am extremely excited about this because I loved the book. Trailer looks gorgeous but little worried it could signify a CGI fest like the Transformers movies where I haven't got a clue what's happening on the screen.

I'm not Spielberg's biggest fan but I don't think he makes those kinds of mistakes.
« Last post by Ghastly McNasty on Today at 01:03:43 pm »
Film & TV / Re: Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
« Last post by Link Prime on Today at 12:20:00 pm »
This will be the harvest of many planted seeds over the past decade, and I really hope they pull it off.

I've previously read that they intend to use a 'Game of Thrones' type structure with multiple plot-lines, which could work (over the running time of this film and it's sequel).

You'd need a heart of Adamantium not to admire the ambition.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10